Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Re: MWA all done............

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:46 am

The more we become urbanized, out of touch with out environment, our food, where our food comes from and land use the more likely we will lose hunting. They are all connected. Processing meat, vegetables, canning, are all going away. Look at door dash, shipt, etc. Most people have no fukcing clue. Hunting will only be around for probably another 50 years.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:33 am

Fukc Christ- their making 'meat' from f'ing vegetables. Somehow that's a good fukcing idea.

For the baseball/basketball coaching there are three tiers AAA/A, AA/B and A/C, but the break in philosophy happens between AAA/A and the AA/B and below.... AAA/A are the kids that tend to be the best athletes in elementary school. What happens though, the parents/coaches somehow equate their kid's skill as proof that they are A) a good coach; B) know what it takes to develop players; C) should make the decisions for the grade's development.

Meanwhile, the AA/B and below are saying: do whatever you need to do up there with your crazy train, but leave us the F' alone and let us develop the kids that need more development.

Hunting/Fishing is like the AA/B and below. The AAA/A are sitting in skyscrapers, shopping malls and Ubers thinking about how everyone should live like them. Meanwhile, the hunters, fishers, farmers, etc are thinking: we don't give a phuck what you do, just leave us alone.

Everyone can bitch about the guns being taken away, the "club check in", etc..... loss of guns/hunting will go hand in hand with the loss of access to public property. You'll keep the National Parks, maybe the wildlife refuges, but MWAs, WPAs, Land Management, etc will all be sold to private interests. It will be to "reduce the size of government...", but government won't get smaller, it never does.

We're effed. It's a hell of a lot bigger than some ass clowns in a circle jerk complaining about hunter recruitment.

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:56 am

I don't know that I entirely agree with the "hunting will be a thing of the past in the next "x" years". Maybe long term but short term, in other regions it'ss only becoming a bigger more complex issue.

Right now the public land/public hunting drum is being beat in other circles louder than it ever has. Point creep has gotten ridiculous in most western states, trail heads are seeing more pressure than ever, more and more people are hunting big game than ever. Tags that used to be drawn every or every other year now may take 5-6. Creep on units that were "trophy units" are pushing a 30 year wait. Lower 48 species like sheep, moose and goats are unthinkable now unless you start building points as a teenager or get crazy lucky in a raffle. Colorado recently released their season structure for the next 5 years. OTC opportunity was HEAVILY scrutinized because of the amount of people taking advantage of it..... most areas with success rates in the single digits! They stuck with it but I'm willing to bet that in 2024 (next time they do it) OTC may disappear or be much less due to the increase in pressure. Point is.....in some facets there's more people hunting than there ever has been, but waterfowl, at least in MN seems to be on it's way out. Idaho, Montana, etc.... all have sold out of excess general tags the last couple years when they never used to.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:06 am

lanyard wrote:Fukc Christ- their making 'meat' from f'ing vegetables. Somehow that's a good fukcing idea.

For the baseball/basketball coaching there are three tiers AAA/A, AA/B and A/C, but the break in philosophy happens between AAA/A and the AA/B and below.... AAA/A are the kids that tend to be the best athletes in elementary school. What happens though, the parents/coaches somehow equate their kid's skill as proof that they are A) a good coach; B) know what it takes to develop players; C) should make the decisions for the grade's development.

Meanwhile, the AA/B and below are saying: do whatever you need to do up there with your crazy train, but leave us the F' alone and let us develop the kids that need more development.

Hunting/Fishing is like the AA/B and below. The AAA/A are sitting in skyscrapers, shopping malls and Ubers thinking about how everyone should live like them. Meanwhile, the hunters, fishers, farmers, etc are thinking: we don't give a phuck what you do, just leave us alone.

Everyone can bitch about the guns being taken away, the "club check in", etc..... loss of guns/hunting will go hand in hand with the loss of access to public property. You'll keep the National Parks, maybe the wildlife refuges, but MWAs, WPAs, Land Management, etc will all be sold to private interests. It will be to "reduce the size of government...", but government won't get smaller, it never does.

We're effed. It's a hell of a lot bigger than some ass clowns in a circle jerk complaining about hunter recruitment.

Lots of good points, and the one I agree with most is the loss of public land....of loss of access to public land. There is nothing a rich prick loves more than gaining exclusive access to something without having to pay for it....like land-locking some public ground, eliminating the average Joe from being able to use it, and not even having to flip some minor property taxes to the county for it. That's why so many of them love their lake cabins, boat inspections, and closed landings....they like looking at their massive backyard that no one else can use that they don't have to pay for....the only difference in this case is the surface of their yard isn't turf but water.

I'm not anti-rich or wealthy, as the old saying goes---I've never had a poor person give me a job. However, I am anti "Rich Prick." It's an important distinction.

I couldn't agree more with the fact the government never shrinks and never will. Any effort to sell off public land under that banner is a crock.

A lot of WMA/WPA's will eventually simply become parks with Mcmansions around them, which we're already seeing happen. Everyone loves a lot that butts up to land that they know will never have someone else also building their dream home that they'll have to stare at. I really wish there was more planning done in this regard on the conservation front.....require zoning restrictions and setbacks of 400 yards or whatever the minimum shooting distance is from a dwelling so it'll never be an issue for guys to walk the edge of public ground hoping to put up a bird or two....fencelines and edges have always been good and always will be....kind of ruins the fun of pulling up and a rooster when there's a several thousand square foot home blanketing it's background fifty yards behind it.

One of the only things that might actually save hunting?

Hipsters.

There's a somewhat sizable movement of hipster men...and seemingly even more women.....the type of urbanite chicks that care about getting locally sourced eggs at their favorite Target......that are coming into the hunting fold.

Maybe the hipster dude all tatted, bearded, and wearing matching framed en vogue glasses as his gal, that care only about harvesting venison.....healthy and "responsible" meat that impacts the environment zero compared to meat that's farm raised.......people that don't give two-shits about shooting a trophy to put on their wall and brag.....

.....maybe the hipsters that simply want to drink some locally brewed craft IPA's while cutting up some venison in the basement of their Minneapolis/St. Paul bungalow will be what saves hunting?
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:12 am

I wouldn't care if hunting is banned in 25 years...50 years...100 years, whatever. I won't be around, so I don't GAF.
Last edited by Bullet21XD on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominate The Skies.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:14 am

So, our Luke Skywalker is the same Lumbersexual that demands fruit in his 'beer'.

We're fukced.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:28 am

I've said it for years. People. Too many people. They say earth has like 7.7 billion people on it now and estimate 10 billion by 2040 or so. I saw a great special on PBS a few years back how some University did a research on fresh water vs world population. At the end if I remember right the tipping point was around 10 billion for fresh water sustainability. They claimed that the next big war WW3 will be fought over fresh water. Mankind will be the end of mankind.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:30 am

Fish Felon wrote:
Hipsters.

There's a somewhat sizable movement of hipster men...and seemingly even more women.....the type of urbanite chicks that care about getting locally sourced eggs at their favorite Target......that are coming into the hunting fold.

Maybe the hipster dude all tatted, bearded, and wearing matching framed en vogue glasses as his gal, that care only about harvesting venison.....healthy and "responsible" meat that impacts the environment zero compared to meat that's farm raised.......people that don't give two-shits about shooting a trophy to put on their wall and brag.....

.....maybe the hipsters that simply want to drink some locally brewed craft IPA's while cutting up some venison in the basement of their Minneapolis/St. Paul bungalow will be what saves hunting?

Welcome to BHA and their pint nights :lol: :lol: :lol:

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:56 am

WTF is BHA?

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:10 pm

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/

locavores, granola's and hipsters..... that hunt.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”