Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

When Was The Last Time.....

Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:27 pm

....We Got A Streak Of "Above Average" Temps?

Has it happened in the last couple years???

All I can remember is below average temperatures and wetter than average precipitation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/minnesota. ... -soon/amp/
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Re: When Was The Last Time.....

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:04 pm

Record warm temps in Alaska the last few Autumns to offset the (near)record cold here.

I lived in Fairbanks for a year in 02/03 attending UAF, and even then things were changing. The warmth is WAY worse for them than us overall as their current infrastructure essentially requires cold temps.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:51 am

It's been a while. This summer wasn't super hot. This spring sucked. Last winter really sucked. Now it's 27 here in Prior Lake right now, average low is 34 with an average high of 51.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:54 am

16 reported on Marshall Radio station on way into shop this morning...............not looking good for this weekend......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:47 am

16 will freeze all but the biggest water.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:07 am

Hansen wrote:16 will freeze all but the biggest water.

Yep, couple smaller sloughs I drive by north of Tracy looked like they were just about locked up but was pretty dark and couldn't see alot of it, only hope is wind picks up and opens up a area.....40's next 3 days for down here.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:52 am

Hansen wrote:16 will freeze all but the biggest water.

Meh, needs to be sustained. Back in the 40's, sun still hads a good angle, I'm not as hopeful for this weekend as I was previously

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:27 am

By next weekend there will be fishable ice if this forecast holds. Hopefully the goldies stack up. Ducks in the morning and walleyes in the evening.

Freeze up this year looks to be about on par with when it used to freeze 10-20 years ago.

prairie hunter
Coot Commander

Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:13 pm

Lyon county area. I was out in the area chasing pheasant for two days. Little stuff iced over. Never above 32 on my truck thermometer - which tends to be close.

Larger ponds were open with ice on the bays.

Saw plenty of ducks and geese on certain ponds. More so than usual.

Enough roosters to keep me happy, but saw more buck deer than roosters in the two days we were walking about.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:11 pm

Nershi wrote:By next weekend there will be fishable ice if this forecast holds. Hopefully the goldies stack up. Ducks in the morning and walleyes in the evening.

Small but huntable amounts of goldeneyes on Mille Lacs today. Not much for bluebills...saw a few though. More mergansers than both combined. A few ringbills on Ogechie down through Onamia.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”