bigdog
Coot Commander

Re: Need a meal for goose camp

Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:07 pm

Some good ideas already, the chili ideas make me drool. Couple with grilled ham/cheese.
To the list I would add Lasagna, Von Hanson's also has a sliced beef in Aujois that is good (frozen and ready to go) , pulled pork, stroganoff.
A girlfriend used to make up a pan of pheasant, stuffing and gravy that was outstanding..darn that was good eating.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:33 am

Thanks for all the ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:04 am

Chili and the next morning are no bueno.

Keep it simple tacos, beef stew, enchiladas, etc. Drink bourbon and beer and enjoy.

prairie hunter
Coot Commander

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:18 am

Lasagna and garlic bread. Lasagna can be made in advance and sit in a pan (or two) waiting for the oven. Store bought lasagna works if you or your "other" can't cook. Store bought salad kits work great ... mix it all up in a bowl and serve.

It would take you 15 minutes prep time and if you use aluminum disposable cooking pans next to nothing to clean up. Last thing you want to do is spend an hour prepping and cooking food if everyone else is sitting around having a smooth one. Or maybe you do if they are out cleaning birds.

Some restaurants sell these as whole family take home meals if you want to spent $50.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:53 am

If you go the fajita/taco route: you can got to Chipotle or other local Mexican joint and order "to go" pans of meat, beans, rice. Throw them in the oven, toss out the shells, cheese, sour cream and a stack of paper plates.....

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”