Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Re: You got OCD tendencies, too?

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:32 am

chevyobsession wrote:One thing that drives my wife nuts is I hate to half ass something I build. I figure if in gunna build something or make something I might as well do my best and do it right.

So you never finish projects either?

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:43 am

Goldfish wrote:
chevyobsession wrote:Well, I finally cut a hole in the garage ceiling to store stuff up there because I couldn't fit all my crap on the shelf and it turns out the drywall on the ceiling was doubled up.

Cutting the hole in the ceiling to store stuff is a really bad idea. You have compromised the firewall between the garage and the house. This is a huge safety hazzard.

Here is how I know about these things. The Fire Inspector said the well constructed firewall prevented us from loosing the entire house.
Attachments
IMG_6705 800.jpg

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Bill Gilbertson wrote:
chevyobsession wrote:One thing that drives my wife nuts is I hate to half ass something I build. I figure if in gunna build something or make something I might as well do my best and do it right.

So you never finish projects either?

That happens more often than I care to admit. But usually I don't even start because she has a budget in mind and the way I want to do things rarely fits in that budget.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:26 pm

There is a big difference in taking pride in ones work and being super anal about it. if your goal is that a finished project is in the top 1/3 - that's great. But if it is to be in the top 5%, that can be problematic for most projects, from the additional cost, more labor, not getting it done within the time available, etc..

Hey Bill, so what caused the fire?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:35 pm

I don't shoot for perfection or anything. I just like to do things the way they should be done. She is one of those who wants to get it done as fast and as cheap as possible. If that means it looks like shit and won't last, that's fine with her.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:08 pm

I could not be with a woman like that with no common sense as it'd be too big of a conflict for me... a woman like that is at the opposite end of the spectrum of OCD.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Yeah but she likes me and she is an amazing cook. I can't be too picky. And she is a farm girl. So she understands that I have to work late sometimes to keep the critters alive.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Bill Gilbertson wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
chevyobsession wrote:Well, I finally cut a hole in the garage ceiling to store stuff up there because I couldn't fit all my crap on the shelf and it turns out the drywall on the ceiling was doubled up.

Cutting the hole in the ceiling to store stuff is a really bad idea. You have compromised the firewall between the garage and the house. This is a huge safety hazzard.

Here is how I know about these things. The Fire Inspector said the well constructed firewall prevented us from loosing the entire house.

No doubt, but the wall along the house still has it's fire barrier

Sent from a phancy fone

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:43 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Hey Bill, so what caused the fire?

The fire investigator thought it either started in an old stereo or a halogen trouble light. I believe the later. We were just finishing a renovation of a townhome we bought to rent out. Tenants were moving in that evening. The garage was a mess at the time as I was making several trips unloading tools and left over building stuff into it. I figure I accidentally bumped the switch on the trouble light and it was too close to something flammable.

American Family was excellent in settling the claim. We were surprised how fast possessions added up. About $200K structure damage and similar for possessions. It was hell going though the reconstruction and consumed immense amounts of time. I think it was one of the contributing factors in my losing my job a few years later.
Attachments
IMG_5188 800.jpg

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:08 am

my issue is I am over the top about how decoys are placed and so on....along with picking them up. I do all my decoys so picking them up and wrapping them is right and put in bags the way I need them to be.......

who wants to hunt LOL
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”