Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Cougar vs Car

Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:31 am

get-n-birdy wrote:Funny how we don't have them, yet there's a law on the hooks they can't be shot and are a protected species.

In Iowa you they are completely unprotected. If you're driving through Iowa with a firearm in your car, and happen to see a cougar in the ditch, you can get out and shoot the thing and it's yours. No need to buy a license of any kind or be a resident.

So if you ever see a mountain lion and want to be able to shoot it and keep it afterwards?

Shoot it and drive it to Iowa. Pull over by a suitable ditch for claiming you shot it in, dump the cat in it, call the DNR, tell them you were on a joy ride to clear your head over your [marriage, career, kids, or any other bullshit excuse] so there's a reason why you were driving around down in their state, and then start calling taxidermists to price out how you want to get it done while the DNR writes up your permit for possessing the animal.....ensuring you can get a CITES tag for it.

There you go.....free license to shoot a mountain lion.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

prairie hunter
Coot Commander

Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:39 pm

North Dakota decided to protect lions living in the badlands (quota zone), but they have a long season and allow the use of dogs. Any lion living outside the quota zone is unprotected.

Minnesota should fight to do the same thing on wolves. North of say Hwy 2 would be the quota zone and south of Hwy 2 wolves would be unprotected. Hwy 2 (or there about) was pretty much the cut off for wolf packs some 30 years ago.

USDA hires people to trap and/or shoot problem wolves. They kill a lot of wolves every year. Why not have licenses sales rather than pay someone to kill them.
Last edited by prairie hunter on Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prairie hunter
Coot Commander

Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:44 pm

USDA reports 175 wolves killed by firearm or trapping in 2018 just in Minnesota.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:17 am

prairie hunter wrote:Why not have licenses sales rather than pay someone to kill them.

Cuz the general, wolf-loving, public doesn't know about wolf depredation killings. Only "hunting seasons".
Dominate The Skies.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:58 am

prairie hunter wrote:North Dakota decided to protect lions living in the badlands (quota zone), but they have a long season and allow the use of dogs. Any lion living outside the quota zone is unprotected.

Minnesota should fight to do the same thing on wolves. North of say Hwy 2 would be the quota zone and south of Hwy 2 wolves would be unprotected. Hwy 2 (or there about) was pretty much the cut off for wolf packs some 30 years ago.

USDA hires people to trap and/or shoot problem wolves. They kill a lot of wolves every year. Why not have licenses sales rather than pay someone to kill them.

Shit I would say the cut off for wolves is HWY 23 on the eastern side of the state.

As long as the government does the killing it’s okay to some people, for whatever **** up reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:57 pm

This is a cool story in my opinion. Good job by the houndsmen, and good job by the wardens.

As I've been saying for a while......we have a looming problem that's only going to keep getting bigger with all these biologists that used to be common sense, plain spoken, normal outdoorsmen like you and me.....

.....and they're turning into a bunch of dumb academic **** praying to their alter of science.

Really great science---run it until it's damn near dead, shoot it full of tanks until it falls out of the tree.....so they can slap a collar on it and do a study......really great and enlightening data would be produced by that.....for sure.

https://www.outdoornews.com/2009/03/19/ ... -in-state/
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:01 am

"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:33 am

Guy must be a cold blooded level headed expert, or lucky, to shoot at a moving pile of 2 dogs and a cat, and not hit a dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Cougar vs Car

Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:37 am

Lmao if y’all actually believe the dude threw a shotgun to pull a pistol like a high speed low drag oper8er and shot the cat as charged him, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell y’all. Who the **** throws a shotgun for a pistol?

I’d bet money the dogs had it bayed or treed and he figured the pistol would do less damage to the pelt.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:26 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Lmao if y’all actually believe the dude threw a shotgun to pull a pistol like a high speed low drag oper8er and shot the cat as charged him, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell y’all. Who the **** throws a shotgun for a pistol?

I’d bet money the dogs had it bayed or treed and he figured the pistol would do less damage to the pelt.

Being the overanalyitic cynic that I am.....I'm worried there's something wrong with me since I'm ashamed I didn't catch that.

You're totally right. Who drops a shotgun to pull a pistol when there's a cougar charging them? Especially when it's a 9mm you're reaching for??

No fukcing way!

You can tell this guy is your typical North Dakotan---gotta fukc up a really cool story on it's own by trying to make it 'Legendary.'

His statement at the end, "It was like hunting in Africa," falls perfectly in-line with his douchebaggery.

Only a flippin' tard is dropping a shotgun to go for a 9mm....what a bad....just putridly shitty liar.

Can't believe I totally overlooked how full of shit this dbag is......
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”