maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:58 am

Sweet pic!

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:14 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Sweet pic!

X2!
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:34 am

So there are at least 17 elk in MN?

Some one needs to bring in the federal sharp shooters!
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:58 am

emptymag wrote:So there are at least 17 elk in MN?

Some one needs to bring in the federal sharp shooters!

There were about 40 in this herd but there were a lot more not far from where this was taken. They offer up 2 permits a year for this zone. Thousands apply. These were hanging out in a canola field and when I show up early in the morning they would all head in all different directions. Did not see any big bulls but there are some trophy ones around.

hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:15 pm

I was wondering how the sharptail handled all the fall rain. It was hard to find a piece of dry ground in October. Water was going over the road where I took this picture. 4 years ago there were no ag crops in the area other than alfalfa. Lots of pretty marginal land has now been put into beans. Not sure how they got the beans off but must have done it in Nov after the hard freeze. Anyhow, the sharptail seem to love them and I think having a good protein crop going into the winter has helped them come back. There were about 80 in this bunch and about 120 in another part of the field. (See the utube video) They bunch up in the wither so this is probably all the birds in a 3-4 mile radius but still a lot of birds compared to recent years.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:48 pm

^^^Love the info/pics on MN sharpies hobbydog, thanks for sharing. I need to get back up to the NW soon.

Fish are biting 60 yards in front of the cabin.....

123_1.jpeg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:10 pm

How's the ice at your cabin FF? ours is crap in Burnett County Wi. 3 inches and too much snow.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:34 pm

Sandhill crane to start the new year out.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:31 pm

Hobbydog,

Great pics and sharptail report!

PS; That photo of the crane is just plain cruel.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:18 am

randywatson wrote:How's the ice at your cabin FF? ours is crap in Burnett County Wi. 3 inches and too much snow.

It's not that bad relative to most places. Fairly consistent 15" of good ice, but a lot of slush on top of it. It's a tiny lake and we're in the corner that freezes up first and has ice off last.....other ice in the area is not nearly as good. I'm 6-7 miles North of Mille Lacs and it's just garbage there this year. Shitty ice that'll be a foot thick and then you walk ten feet and it's 3." I've never seen ice vary in thickness that dramatically anywhere else before....

Made a snow man with my nephew. His is the shitty unfinished one behind mine. First snow man I've done in I dunno....fifteen years....never tried doing one that was detailed before either. It's 7' tall and I had ninety minutes into it before saying, "Fukc It"

My goal was 'Jeremiah Johnson' but it turned out 'Hipster Dohche Jerking Off'

Screenshot_20200103-183212_Messages.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”