HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Re: Coronavirus

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:09 pm

Comparing to China is not apples to apples. Italy needs to be the focus of a reasonable comparison. Current mortality rate is 6% and their healthcare infrastructure is on the verge of collapse which will only increase it more.

Italy, nor the US has the ability to scale a response like China did. China brought in 10s of thousands of healthcare workers from other parts of the country, built massive treatment centers and were fighting the virus on essentially one front. None of those things are comparable to how the rest of the world can respond aside from perhaps Russia.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:23 pm

You're saying China has a better health care system than the united states?

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:34 pm

“Health care system” as you said, I would say yes.

Even though I’ve never been to China or know anyone that has had medical treatment there.

The cluster fukc that is the health care system in this country is a joke.

Now as for the actual patient care, no.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:44 pm

The reason you cant compare the two is China's communistic nature not because they have a better healthcare system. In fact because it's worse, infections and deaths were most likely underreported, especially in rural China.

You try and do what China did here people are gonna start shooting each other.

They literally had dump trucks dumping piles of gravel blocking roads to quarantine and limit spread. US gonna take those measure?

However...the death rate probably is inflated in my opinion due to people contracting the disease and not even realizing it, meaning they don't get tested and aren't included in confirmed cases. A lot of healthy people probably just think they have colds, let it run its course, and go about their lives. I wouldn't be surprised if cases are underreported by 50% due to this, meaning death rate would be halved. Pretty obvious in the us where you have people contracting it with no idea how they got it...there's people walking around with it that don't even know, maybe don't even get symptoms

China also has severe pollution issues, so peoples lungs there are already in rough shape leaving them more susceptible.

It will definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Golden State NBA team just announced they are playing their home game in front of no fans.

Whether you believe the medical emergency hype or not, the economic impact cannot be doubted. Ugly is the only way to put it

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:22 pm

U of m cancelling all in person classes. CBS building in NYC evacuated due to coronavirus. NCAA div I tournament games will be played with no fans. All late night show tapings will be done without audiences

President speaks at 8 tonight from oval office

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:44 pm

^^^^^
Hmmm...you think maybe the government knows something about this virus that they aren’t telling us?
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:56 pm

I hope this is the big one....or at least a big one. Something drastic needs to happen to shake this world up and change it. The trajectory we've been on has become painfully boring.

The thing about China and why it spread so fast is because their plumbing and bathrooms are shit. You basically shit down an open stack that's connected to all other floors. You're often shitting over an open hole in the floor. The bathrooms are disgusting in China....not clean at all....very likely source of increased rate of transmission.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Coronavirus

Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:02 pm

emptymag wrote:What’s the population of the USA? 360,000,000 or so?

480,000 is a far cry from 3.4%

That’s assuming 360,000,000 get infected

Idk wtf I’m talking bout that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:36 pm

“2 week self quarantine”, like anyone in the USA will do that.

We’re all too selfish, “I won’t get it”....

I hope somehow it takes out all the assholes of the world, greedy CEO’s, bmw drivers and so on.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Take-a-Gander
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:22 pm

I hope somehow it takes out all the assholes of the world, greedy CEO’s, bmw drivers and so on.[/quote]

I am not a CEO, far from greedy and hopefully not an asshole. Grew up on a small farm in lowa, worked multiple jobs growing up, studied hard to get a scholarship for undergrad, worked my way thru Med school, paid back 100+ grand in school loans.............and I drive a BMW. I hope I don’t get “taken out” :lol:

This is a real virus, with definite fatal potential but THE SKY IS NOT FALLiNG people. The media jackals have taken this to their typical alarmist level. It is all about selling airtime. The more viewers you have the more you can charge for adds.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”