maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Coronavirus

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:27 pm

Trump floating the idea of quarantining the NE said an announcement could come today. Good idea 2 weeks ago maybe think it's too late now looking at all the hotspots popping up across the country.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:20 pm

emptymag wrote:21 million less cell phone signals in China over the last 3 months

Google it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.breitb ... demic/amp/

Scary Shit right there.....but good to know! Thanks for sharing.

Holy shit. This could get Real Bad.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:14 pm

Screenshot_20200328-100259.png

Here's another one

prairie hunter
Coot Commander

Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:38 pm

I suppose this has been said somewhere in the 26 pages of this thread, but

The problem with Covid-19 is it is overwhelming the health care system to the point they cannot care for those that require treatment for other ailments.

Appendix, car accident, birth, young child has RSV or other fever/respiratory distress, heart attack or other cardiac events, general accidents requiring emergency doctor assistance.....

Otherwise we live with community spread disease all the time and for some it proves life changing if not fatal.

prairie hunter
Coot Commander

Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:40 pm

Trump has his occasional trips, but overall I would give him and the team he has assembled a pretty high grade ... the press not so much ... f'n fools.

prairie hunter
Coot Commander

Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:45 pm

Maybe guided hunts will be shutdown next fall :) I think Canada is shutdown (to Americans) for snows this spring.

My turkey hunts are all in MN and WI within 45 minutes of my house and mostly on private land. They should be a go. Thought about running a couple out of long distance state trips, but the hassle factor is high and to be honest probably just not the right thing to do in April.

Gun clubs tried to keep going with social distancing and cleaning their equipment, but I think they are shutdown for awhile. Would really like to shoot some clays between all my home office calls.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:15 am

prairie hunter wrote:Maybe guided hunts will be shutdown next fall :) I think Canada is shutdown (to Americans) for snows this spring.

It's shut down for everything tourist related.
I weaseled my way into a Canada fishing trip over Memorial Day Weekend with a buddy.
He's got a cabin on an island of the Canadian side of a border lake that's boat in only and it's a no-go.....no border crossing of any kind.....unless something drastic changes which if anything it will change for the worse by the end of May.

We have 95 days before the models have MN hitting peak curve where the infection rate soars. Originally it was nine weeks at doing nothing. With the measures we've already taken it reduced the transmission rate by 50%, so bought us another half of the nine weeks so four and a half more.

What we're doing currently is only meant to buy us another month of time in order to beef up healthcare to handle the influx of patients once we hit the point where the curve shoots straight up.

A virus is a living organism. Like all living organisms.....once they are introduced to a hospitable environment conducive for them to rapidly expand in numbers, that's exactly what they'll do. This virus is no different than AIS in many ways.....

Take zebra mussels being discovered in Mille Lacs in 2006 for example. For five years the DNR conducted a zebra mussel population assessment by having divers swim up a rope on the lake bottom and count zebes by hand. They had different survey routes at various parts of the lake to do the counts in order to monitor the growing population of zebes. The numbers they'd tally were along the lines of 25 the first year, then 57 the second, the 158, the 489, then 1421.......for five friggin' years they were able to count all the zebes they located going along a 100' 100yd or 100 meter length of rope, I forget which one it was, and count them by hand...BY HAND...just a dude in scuba gear slowly swimming and pulling himself along a length of rope on the bottom counting zebra mussels......

.....then in 2011 they couldn't do that anymore.

Zebes exploded and covered 35% of the lake bottom in densities of 7,000 to 8,000 per square foot. Over a 1,000 per square foot for the whole lake on average, with 65% of the lakes bottom not having them present. In 2012 there was an estimated 2 Billion pounds of zebes in Mille Lacs.....a Million Tons.

This virus is no different and what people need to realize is this:

Where we're at is where zebes were at in Mille Lacs circa 2006.

We've got 95 days until we reach the point with this virus that will be comparable to the point zebes took off in Mille Lacs in 2011.

There are 5,700,000 people living in our state and 80% of them will get infected by the Chinese Wuhan Virus.

Of the 4,560,000 Minnesotans who get infected 15% will require hospitalization.

That's 684,000 people that will need hospital treatment. A third of those will require significant time in the ICU on a ventilator.

That's 228,000 people.

My brother's hospital has one....ONE. The entire TC-metro has less than 450.

The models are by no means exact. Everywhere is different and this thing is new so there's very little established data for it, and zero data that reflects what it does and the time it takes to go from initial finding of outbreak until peak rate of infection in the state of MN. With that being said, they're the best we got and we need to have some sort of timeline to to be able to plan for this....in order to get our healthcare system as best prepared as possible for when this shit spikes up and takes off like a rocket.

As of now the model has that at 95 days. What we're doing right now is [hopefully] buying us the extra month needed to push out the deadline for getting healthcare beefed up to a timeline that's an obtainable goal that can be met, and now coincide with when this shit goes 2011 zebra mussels on Mille Lacs.

If they're off by 15 days on the backend? Great! Another two weeks to become even better prepared.

If they're off by 15 days on the front end this shit goes zebes in ML 2011 early on us?

A whole heckuva a lot of people are going to die and there's going to be nothing anyone can do to stop that from happening.

If you're the praying type---pray for the 95 day projection to be accurate and have this shit explode in our populus at a mark of a full 95 days or later..........
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:53 am

lanyard wrote:He's panicking.

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:20 am

The thing is small bars wont survive this. You cant shut them down for 65 days and expect them to survive. Lots of our favorite small town bars wont be around next fall during hunting imo. Nobody likes flatlands flyways in SD but they shutdown all guiding and lodging this spring. Thats a massive massive hit. I dount the guides get unemployment as i think its a cash business for them.

I know the little town i hunt and fish in sd will be destroyed this summer when nobody shows up to hunt or fish.. They cant go that long without cash flow. It breaks my heart cause ive known these people for years they are good hardworking prople. My dads buddy owned a motel in that area and good for him he sold it a year ago. But i feel awful for the new owner. The business gets revunue from construction workers but mostly hunting and fishing.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Coronavirus

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:23 am

prairie hunter wrote:Trump has his occasional trips, but overall I would give him and the team he has assembled a pretty high grade ... the press not so much ... f'n fools.
He has done well.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”