prairie hunter
Coot Commander

New Precedent Set

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:29 pm

Nebraska has stopped selling nonresident turkey licenses. They have a 14 day quarantine rule for anyone coming in from out of state (albeit not mandatory yet). Nebraska offers refunds.

Kansas governor has said out of state hunters stay home. Refunds will be issued.

Canada has shutdown its entry points

Precedent set that states can, will (and I suppose should) alter hunting seasons and license availability to protect their residents.

Rules on social distancing will be tough for summer fisherman and fall waterfowlers. Can guides and outfitters ever comply with social distancing rules and regs. in their lodges, on the water and in the field.

Let's hope Covid-19 goes into hibernation until November (if not for good).

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Re: New Precedent Set

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:40 pm

Good info, thanks for posting it. I’d imagine that a lot more of it will be coming.

Maybe now we will have a way of stopping the Iowans from coming here to fish.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

New Precedent Set

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:01 pm

Ruined my plans for sure. I had plans to go hunt Nebraska like I did last spring. Didn’t snow goose hunt either. Oh well. I’m not gonna be super sad about saving the money.

Had a buddy drive all over SD last weekend to snow goose hunt, couldn’t get on a field, drove home a day later without setting the spread. Farmers weren’t answering the door or just flat out said no (which isn’t too unusual)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:11 am

As PH implied, what will happen to the big game hunting outfitters like in MT, CO, WY, ID, AK, and Canada when the clients all have to cancel?

Speaking of Canada, if that border stays shut come Mid Sept,, lots of US waterfowl hunters will not be hunting MB, SK, & AB this fall.

I mentioned on a FB post that here in MN if the Gov closes fishing, hunting, camping, and boating for MN, he will NOT be reelected as so many will be pissed off. One of the other topics a comment was made that in another month people will start to go stir crazy. Imagine if we could not go fishing, boating, camping what it'd be like :o
I do realize that it'd have to be immediate family only (living under the same roof) to go fishing/boating with, as no friends in the boat or vehicle, but some opportunity is a whole lot better than zero. And to be clear, its my understanding with the stay at home order that 2 friends can not legally be in the same vehicle together, or the same boat, tent, etc.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:42 am

My company is sending out survey crews with two dudes in the truck still but I think that’s cause surveying is essential.

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:45 am

Yep they shut down spring bear season up here for everyone and there was a huge up roar and the next day the governor opened it back up to residents only. For this summer I see more elbow room on the rivers and less douch bag tourists driving 35 mph down the turnigan arm looking for sheep. I looked at licenses up here and there are twice as many out of state licenses sold then in state that's crazy to me. Rivers might get a break this year which is what they need especially for kings.

I am still surveying up here
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:40 pm

Heard rumors of WI considering shutting down non resident licenses so I bought my annual fishing this week.

Guides and resorts are going to get killed by this deal. And not just out of state or Canada ones.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Yeah the outdoor industry, resorts, bait shops etc are gonna be taking it on the chin.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:11 pm

I'm really surprised they haven't opened the fishing season here in MN...simply to avoid the "opener" clusterphuc.

Seems logical to me.
Dominate The Skies.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:46 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:I'm really surprised they haven't opened the fishing season here in MN...simply to avoid the "opener" clusterphuc.

Seems logical to me.

The boomers would lose their fu(king minds.

I wouldn’t mind it tho.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”