Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: What’s everyone doin?

Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:15 am

It was a friend of mine he set up on but I pretended it was me back when I was Nick M. It's still my favorite hunting story ever.

If you only knew the two guys....two of the biggest characters ever. One literally....he's like 6' 8" and 350lbs. The other guy is the most cracker ass scrawny little white dude you'd ever meet that says nigger like every other word....just a total annoying asshole. The type of guy that gets you super pissed off to the point you're ready to flip out and just when you start for some reason you start laughing....cry laughing....because the shit he's doing is so fukcing retarded you get pissed asking yourself, "Why!? Why is he is doing this shit? WTF. Why!?" and then you realize what's causing you to ask "Why?" is the reason "Why?"

The last time I saw him he randomly showed up at the cabin after we all were sleeping.....entire extended family...I was still married then....we were staying in the cabin next door, this was after my sister's wedding, must have had 35-40 people....a mix of infants to grandparents.....

He shows up and starts lighting off mortars at 3:30...might have been 4am. Somehow he had rigged them so they'd blow maybe 50' up.....they weren't even clearing the trees...there's people with babies in tents....my mom thought the windows were going to break the concussion blast off them were that "thudding."

Imagine that type of motherfukcer standing up out of the cattails next to your duck boat right before shooting time after you'd been sitting there for hours reading the newspaper?

Dudes were passed out in his skiff which I don't even know how the two of them were able to both sleep in it without dying. They were both just absolutely hammered.....drunk enough to the point you'd have to be to sleep in a duck skiff with another dude. Fowler wasn't kidding....they were sincerely lucky he stopped where he did. Without a whole lot of imagination he motors through that stand of cattails and they're done-zo.

Another of our buddies who used to be on here was set up a couple hundred yards away and said the shouting and yelling could he heard across the lake.

And that's exactly the type of prick that guy is....totally in the wrong, totally being the biggest jackass you could ever imagine, but then comes to and stands up and is just livid that h2ofwlr is three or four feet away......and is legitimately pissed at him.....never taking into account any of all the dumb fukced shit he did in order to wind up in such a bizarre position. Just pissed off like a rabid dog.

Part of me wishes it would've happened in the cell phone era because it would've for sure been recorded by several hundred people......but I'm glad it wasn't.....just makes it that much more legendary.

Sucks that
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:59 pm

What are the chances of Al and your buddy setting up next to each other in the entire state of MN????

When you were Nick M did you have an avatar of a mouse looking thru a scoped rifle pointed out of a window? I don't really remember Nick M.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:00 pm

Fish Felon wrote:
Stute Slap wrote:I am interested in purchasing, let me know if you decide to sell.

I'm thinking about offering it as a limited edition print to raise money for COVID-19 medication....

Originally, my plan was to send it to h2ofwlr. Frame it up real nice and ship it to him as a surprise, but this one I need to hang onto.....it's my favorite one I've done. I'm going to hang it in the office....that way I'll always have something to point to and a story to tell....

I'm willing to pay $500 cash.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:19 pm

Stute Slap wrote: I'm willing to pay $500 cash.

Going once, twice.........SOLD to Stute....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:37 pm

That picture is f-ing awesome! Great work!
Dominate The Skies.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:58 pm

Fish Felon wrote:
Screenshot_20200416-054657_Gallery.jpg

We should raffle it off or something. Half of the money to FF and the other half to delta, fowler, Covid small business victims, mnfowl trust fund etc?

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:27 pm

As noted, sadly not me. I’ve only hunted with Fowler once I believe on a Flocknockers hunt down in Rochester way back in the day.

There was a time early in the days of internet waterfowl forums that I thought Fowler was essentially a waterfowl hunting God. He, Mike Sidders, Tom Jes and Al Thomas (damn, still remember all of their names) were all Field Reporters on the Waterfowler.com website and as a teenager I thought you had to be a really big deal to have that title. Combine that with Fowler’s pictures stapled to the Galyans, Herters and Burger Brothers trophy boards and he was basically THE man! Despite what some people say nowadays, it’s still real to me Fowler...it’s still real to me.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:44 pm

HnkrCrash wrote:As noted, sadly not me. I’ve only hunted with Fowler once I believe on a Flocknockers hunt down in Rochester way back in the day.

There was a time early in the days of internet waterfowl forums that I thought Fowler was essentially a waterfowl hunting God. He, Mike Sidders, Tom Jes and Al Thomas (damn, still remember all of their names) were all Field Reporters on the Waterfowler.com website and as a teenager I thought you had to be a really big deal to have that title. Combine that with Fowler’s pictures stapled to the Galyans, Herters and Burger Brothers trophy boards and he was basically THE man! Despite what some people say nowadays, it’s still real to me Fowler...it’s still real to me.

I'm slight offended you forgot me. I wish I could scan in the article waterfolwer.com the magazine published about hunting in fergus. It was probably 15 years ago. Sidders, Tom, fowler, a writer and photographer came and document a hunt up there. I think the limit was like 1 goose or something silly. I was just a kid. We hunted over probably 6 dozen outlaws, a few shells and full bodies. We killed our geese somewhere west of town. Those were the very early years of forums

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: What’s everyone doin?

Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:52 pm

HnkrCrash wrote:As noted, sadly not me. I’ve only hunted with Fowler once I believe on a Flocknockers hunt down in Rochester way back in the day.

Fowler is a god. The legend of swan lake.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Didn’t you replace someone at some point? I recall you being there as well (meant to include you in my post), but don’t remember it being right away.

Also need to add Dennis Hunt in that mix as he was basically Fowler before Fowler became Fowler. Dennis was a frequent contributor to almost every waterfowl related publication or board back in those days. I randomly saw one his many books for sale on eBay a few years back and regret now not buying it.

Between Herters, Burger Brothers, Galyans, and for a while Sportsman’s Warehouse Minnesota had some really solid places to purchase waterfowl hunting equipment. What we have left now in comparison is garbage.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”