Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Stay Safe

Thu May 14, 2020 9:35 pm

Have any of you come up with a good rebuttal to when someone tells you to "Stay Safe" that points out how stupid the person is for saying it without making you look like such a dick that it isn't counterproductive?

I fukcing hate it...."Stay Safe" "Hey...Stay Safe" "Stay Safe man..." "Big Gulps huh? Whelp, see you later....Stay Safe!"

I just want to scream.....

"WHAT THE FUKC ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? WHAT THE FUKC DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? WHY ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT THERE'S SOME WAY I CAN BE UNSAFE WHEN THERE'S NOTHING I CAN THINK OF THAT WOULD CAUSE ME TO LOSE THE SAME EXACT LEVEL OF SAFETY I'VE ALWAYS HAD? IS SOMEONE GOING TO JUMP ME? DID YOU HIRE SOMEONE TO SHOOT ME? SOMEONE TO PULL A BIG PAPI IN A DOMINICAN NIGHT CLUB ON ME? EXPLAIN WHAT THE FUKC YOU ARE REFERRING TO...BECAUSE YOU DONT SEEM LIKE A RETARDED DIPSHIT MONGOLOID SO I KNOW YOU'RE NOT REFERRING TO THAT WEAK ASS VIRUS THAT HAS KILLED A TOTAL OF SIX PEOPLE OVER THE PAST COUPLE MONTHS WHO MIGHT HAVE HAD MORE THAN A YEAR OF LIFE LEFT! ARGH! ARGH! ARGHHHH-RAWRRRR!!!"

No joke....Tom Hauser reported today what I've been saying all along....

....out of the deaths in our state only six weren't people already in the process of dying.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Re: Stay Safe

Fri May 15, 2020 9:44 pm

I’ve always hated the phrase.

I kinda get it for military, cops and firefighters

But it’s also a bit of the motivational catch phrasing that turns cops into high strung militarized hair trigger jackboots.

But when the public employees and general public starts saying it... my blood boils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun May 17, 2020 4:29 pm

Can't believe that Menards is mandatory face masks...either bring one or buy one at desk for $1. Just stopped in this weekend I probably would have walked right in if gf didn't point out the sign

I've always been a Menards kind of guy but I definitely am a little disappointed in them regarding this

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 18, 2020 2:50 pm

The evidence is overwhelming that masks worn by all reduces risk of COVID-19 infection. If everyone were to have done this from the start, we’d be in nowhere near as bad of shape as we are now. Asian countries did this from day 1 and the effects aren’t even comparable to the disaster that is occurring in this country. Is this measure 100% effective, nope, hardly. But the consistent 60%-70% reduction is huge in reducing the R-0 value.

The government screwed the American people with their false narrative to discourage this measure of prevention in order to reduce panic buying/hoarding in order to stockpile PPE for front line healthcare responders who were also woefully unprepared. Convenient that since being called out on their lies that they’ve finally changed their tune.

It’s a travesty that people in this country do not do something so incredibly simple and non-invasive as putting a mask on for a few minutes while in a public place to help snuff the damn virus out. Yet these same people piss and moan about not having their “freedom” because a virus is running wild unabated in this country and shutting down nearly every facet of normal life because they refuse to do anything about it. It’s a friggen mask. Nobody is cutting your arm off, or taking your first born. Get over it, put it on, and get this pandemic over with.
Last edited by HnkrCrash on Mon May 18, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 18, 2020 3:04 pm

HnkrCrash wrote:T Get over it, put it on, and get this pandemic over with.

So your saying if every worker going in and out of retirement homes and old people in the retirement homes all wore masks from day one no one would of died in these homes where most of the death is occurring ??
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 18, 2020 3:07 pm

I’m saying that if the workers weren’t infected to begin with, they then by definition couldn’t have infected the residents of these facilities either. Is it 100%, nope, but still has to be a hell of a lot better than where we are now. Minnesota is a terrible example for this specific scenario and sadly leads the country in deaths for residents in care facilities. It’s also not only about deaths. Last I checked roughly 1.5 million people have been confirmed as infected in America. Those people certainly aren’t operating and living their lives in an optimal way even if they are fortunate enough to live through it.

I have a friend/coworker that was in the hospital/ICU for 24 days due to COVID-19. He’s now in rehab for who knows how long because he got F’d up so badly by it and is still being affected even after being cleared. Another friend has been bed ridden for 1.5 weeks and counting with COVID-19 and she is just starting to feel better. Thankfully both are alive, but neither are living life to the fullest currently. Add them to the 1.5 million (confirmed) others in the same scenario.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 18, 2020 7:17 pm

First they came for my neighbor. I said nothing. Then they came for my friends. I said nothing. Then they came for me and there was no one to help.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 19, 2020 7:19 am

Asian people are mask wearing pro’s. They’ve been doing it voluntarily since the original SARS outbreak and maybe before.

Wise and courteous actions , especially when you live in/come from massive population density.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 19, 2020 8:39 am

My brother in law is a surgeon at Mayo. I was over at his place last weekend. We fish and hunt together all the time. He went on a 15 minute rant about these idiots wearing masks and especially gloves. But what does he know.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Hansen wrote:My brother in law is a surgeon at Mayo. I was over at his place last weekend. We fish and hunt together all the time. He went on a 15 minute rant about these idiots wearing masks and especially gloves. But what does he know.

Is it possible Hnkrcrash is actually Gov Timmy "tight pants" Walz???

Weren't we all supposed to be dead already, like a month ago??? Or is it still just around the corner? Now masks could have prevented this whole "disaster"??? Why do the people who are predicting (and way over estimating deaths, which of course is completely explainable) are always the ones with all the friends that are deathly ill with 'rona?

Is anyone wondering what happened to 74,000 dead in MN alone prediction? Anyone?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”