Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: COVID-19 Stats

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:59 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Media trying to pump the increase in cases no one cares lol

Yep pretty much.

Supposedly Canada cares a lot. I thought for sure the border would be open by fall. I am starting to question that more and more.

Guessing my second fishing trip to Canada this summer will have to be canceled as well as the first. No live music or festivals to go to. This summer sucks.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:36 am

It’s funny how restaurants are open, people inside, eating food without masks, nobody has a problem with it.

People in target without a mask, wow, you’re a bad person for not wearing a mask.

Lol wtf it’s all so arbitrary and what’s appropriate changes with the context of each situation.

I do wear a mask when I remember to have one. It’s not a huge deal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:39 am

I know a guy who has a house in Canada. I wonder what he’ll do this fall if the border is closed. He probably has friends with shacks in NoDak but I’m not sure he’d even hunt this year if he couldn’t go to his own place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:20 am

People are gonna care when businesses start closing (again) and the hospitals run out of capacity. Things are going from bad to worse in the south. People foolishly think the increased case counts are only due to more testing, and that is factually incorrect. The percentage of positive cases and hospital admissions are the true metrics and both of those are on a rocket sled currently for several states, which means the virus is spreading out of control in those areas.

The irony in all of this is the people who whine the loudest about life as we know it currently are the ones perpetuating this mess.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:39 pm

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:05 pm

I was down to Worthington last nite to buy an item, met the guy in a residential area and BS'ed with him for awhile after we loaded it up, he lived couple blocks from lake and people were walking by non-stop and never seen a mask, now Worthington was the HOT BED in SW MN the last few weeks, I asked the guy about the covid down there, he said what a phucking joke, still laying people off at the hospital and when the big breakout was going on hardly no admissions because of it, he said they had like 6 deaths in the county, all were older people except 1 who was in his 30's, about 400lb with underlying health conditions, again, I'm not saying it's not out there but if you want to be a sheep and follow the herd, go right ahead, not I...........
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:52 pm

The people who will die from Covid are really old, morbidly obese, have cancer, pneumonia and covid. This can't be argued. My nephew has covid, didn't know he had it, thought he has a cold.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:02 pm

Nothing to do with being a sheep and following the herd. It has everything to do with people not getting infected and not dying related to those infections. These things aren’t exactly good for consumer confidence. Until consumer confidence returns, the economy is going to continue to be a disaster. The sooner we as a nation can get the virus tamped down, the sooner that confidence rises back to “normal” levels. The horrendous death toll is one element, call me greedy, but I see all the people pretending this is no big deal costing my family (and many others) income as the other. The amount of income my household has lost this year is sickening and we are not alone. 2020 is going to be a lost year for untold millions of Americans from a financial perspective alone, but people would still rather have a beer or buy shoes now than think about how losing an entire year affects their futures from a savings/investing standpoint.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:15 pm

About 38% of American adults are obese with roughly 8% considered morbidly obese. That’s 16 million people who are morbidly obese. Another 4 million or so are over age 85 and roughly 2 million with cancer. Writing off 20 million (factoring in duplicates) people as expendable is not good for business.
- Ron Swanson

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:39 pm

Hansen wrote:The people who will die from Covid are really old, morbidly obese, have cancer, pneumonia and covid. This can't be argued. My nephew has covid, didn't know he had it, thought he has a cold.

I just found out my neighbor across the street has it, she went back to work few weeks back and works closely with people, a client informed her office that they had tested positive so everyone in office had to be tested, my neighbor came back positive, doesn't even know she has it but the quarantine starts for her ,husband and 4 kids....she is the first person I know of that has had it..........

I think everyone knows were not going to stop this crap, l'm lucky where I don't have to see alot of people but my business numbers are down big,for a few weeks when no one was driving means no accidents, but we'll get thru it.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”