Quack
Mergie Marauder

MAGA: MN ASSHOLES GOING AFIELD

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:46 am

Well, what’s the teal migration report? Did we gain a bunch on the roaring NW wind yesterday?

I’ll be taking Fowler’s place as the poster who doesn’t actually hunt but I’ll be mixing it up with more questions than lectures.

I’d like to live vicariously through those who rise early and greet the glorious sunrise. I’ll be pouring cereal and turning on cartoons for my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: MAGA: MN ASSHOLES GOING AFIELD

Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:58 am

Did family shit this weekend and went fishing instead of hunting.

I’m also going the Fowler route. I simply don’t have it in me to scout for early season geese. The only people I know who shoot enough geese to get me excited are either people with large familial connections to land, or guys that do literally nothing else besides drive around and knock on doors and offer money/labor to hunt.

Dove hunting does nothing to excite me anymore either. I’m washed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:34 am

I don’t typically waste my time scouting for geese any more because I got sick of getting turned down. Not many fields around and everyone’s Freind, family, neighbors etc seem to have anything worthwhile locked up. This summer I talked to a farmer that is my client that grows barley for his cows and he said I can hunt his fields so for the first time in years I planned on hunting early goose opener. I call him Wednesday and he tells me there are about 100 that have been using the fields all summer. I go out on Friday night to scout and the farmer comes out and says the neighbor kids shot up the roost that’s a half mile from the fields on Thursday. I’ve had roosts busted many times but this is the first time ive had one busted before the season. Just my luck. The field was empty Friday but my buddy and I decided to hunt it anyways since we had everything packed anyhow. We had two flocks come in and shot 4. Shoulda probably had a couple more. Scouted yesterday and found a stacked field only to get turned down. Back to the same ole. We tried.

Gonna Muskie fish till duck season opens. If the banded pair comes up on my shore in front of the house again I might shoot a couple out the window but that’ll be the extent of my early goose season.

Fowler probably shot em up this weekend!

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:54 am

We hunted. We shot geese.

No new birds from what we could tell and outside all day the past couple of days baling hay and chopping silage and no migrators spotted/heard.

Family land. West metro.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 pm

4 friends went Sunday morning to the spot I no longer hunt for multiple reasons...they got 16.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:44 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:4 friends went Sunday morning to the spot I no longer hunt for multiple reasons...they got 16.

What r the reasons? Sounds juicy.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:31 pm

It's not juicy...it's just not fun anymore hunting a piece of property surrounded by development constantly worrying what way you are shooting are cops gonna get called, if you are gonna wing one into a window... especially since I was always mid to upper 40's/50 sporting clays I now shoot low to mid 20's with my eye...I'm gonna be the one to wing something. And I don't wanna be that guy.

I wish I could one more time... buddies grandma died this spring so it'd be surprising... especially given current market...if this is still in the family beyond this season. Lots of good times out there, lots of birds. Bet we've taken over 2000 birds outta that one field over the years. Will be sad to see it go. I may go out there just as a spectator with the dog one more time before she gets turned into houses

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:54 am

I may go out there just as a spectator with the dog one more time before she gets turned into houses[/quote]

Do it before it is gone & just a distant memory. I experienced the same thing with our family farm. We had one last hunt with friends & family before it was all turned into housing development. It was one of my most memorable hunts.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:54 am

I may go out there just as a spectator with the dog one more time before she gets turned into houses[/quote]

Do it before it is gone & just a distant memory. I experienced the same thing with our family farm. We had one last hunt with friends & family before it was all turned into housing development. It was one of my most memorable hunts.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:33 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:It's not juicy...it's just not fun anymore hunting a piece of property surrounded by development constantly worrying what way you are shooting are cops gonna get called, if you are gonna wing one into a window... especially since I was always mid to upper 40's/50 sporting clays I now shoot low to mid 20's with my eye...I'm gonna be the one to wing something. And I don't wanna be that guy.

I wish I could one more time... buddies grandma died this spring so it'd be surprising... especially given current market...if this is still in the family beyond this season. Lots of good times out there, lots of birds. Bet we've taken over 2000 birds outta that one field over the years. Will be sad to see it go. I may go out there just as a spectator with the dog one more time before she gets turned into houses

Is this field near your namesake city or even closer to the metro?

But yeah, I don’t like thinking about where my shot is gonna go when I wanna just relax and shoot stuff.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”