Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Re: COVID-19 Stats

Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:17 am

Walzrus is shutting down gyms and restaurants......is there proof that restaurants are a super spreader or what is the deal??

I think it's more likely the restaurant association didn't pay up for campaign contributions and now it's payback time from the Dems??

You know lard ass takes orders from above, he isn't the one making these calls. The party tells him what to do.

Anyone have a guess as to how many shirts he will wear tonight at the conference? Will it be 4 shirts with the blazer which is his "I have been contemplating our options at my oak desk with many books behind me on a shelf look" or will it be the navy 1/4 zip which means "I have been up all night in meetings with other officials brainstorming all of our options and I didn't even have time to put on my other 4 shirts and a blazer look"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:26 am

I wish i could get a press pass so I could get the chance to field him a question and then go,

"I hear now that Hope has gone off to college that she's the number one super spreader in the state. Can you confirm this governor?"
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:42 pm

Can't ever be too safe from this terrible virus
Screenshot_20201117-145134.png

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:49 pm

Hahaha!!

That was Hope for sure....
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:55 pm

Masks do work if worn correctly. Pretty sound science on that and more coming out daily. The issue is very few people wear them correctly (covering nose and mouth), if at all. The largest increases are now in rural areas where mask compliance is slim to none. I was in Home Depot and Runnings in Wilmar a week or two back and I was in the great minority with having a mask on. The stats about rural areas blowing up makes perfect sense to me after that experience. Community spread in public places is by all accounts low even with this being the case for those properly masked. Another issue now is in private settings with people who are “safe” and mask usage is also not a thing. And there have also been studies done showing that restaurants are contributing to the spread. Again, people not masked while eating food. Something like 35% of all new cases a month back involved someone who had been at a bar/restaurant with the last 10 or so days. Currently 31% of all ICU beds in MN are filled with COVID patients. How much more serious do things have to get before people care? Don’t take it from me though. Listen and read comments from healthcare providers dealing with this mess. The nurse in SD whose tweet went viral is really all you need to know about the willful ignorance some people have surrounding the current situation the country is in. Good luck to everyone. The first person I’ve had beers with is vented and knocking on death’s door as I type this. Early 60s, fit, no preexisting conditions. He was probably gonna die within a year or two anyways though, right?
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:27 pm

HnkrCrash wrote:Masks do work if worn correctly. Pretty sound science on that and more coming out daily. The issue is very few people wear them correctly (covering nose and mouth), if at all. The largest increases are now in rural areas where mask compliance is slim to none. I was in Home Depot and Runnings in Wilmar a week or two back and I was in the great minority with having a mask on. The stats about rural areas blowing up makes perfect sense to me after that experience. Community spread in public places is by all accounts low even with this being the case for those properly masked. Another issue now is in private settings with people who are “safe” and mask usage is also not a thing. And there have also been studies done showing that restaurants are contributing to the spread. Again, people not masked while eating food. Something like 35% of all new cases a month back involved someone who had been at a bar/restaurant with the last 10 or so days. Currently 31% of all ICU beds in MN are filled with COVID patients. How much more serious do things have to get before people care? Don’t take it from me though. Listen and read comments from healthcare providers dealing with this mess. The nurse in SD whose tweet went viral is really all you need to know about the willful ignorance some people have surrounding the current situation the country is in. Good luck to everyone. The first person I’ve had beers with is vented and knocking on death’s door as I type this. Early 60s, fit, no preexisting conditions. He was probably gonna die within a year or two anyways though, right?

The person you describe is statistically the exception, per the MN stats that are updated daily. IF the person is real, I mean dude you claim to know like 200 people with covid last month and all were about to die so no offense but clearly you have a hard on for covid.

A study said 35% of new cases had eaten at a restaurant in the last 10 days?? What else did they do? Buy groceries, have kids in school/daycare, put gas in car? That's ridiculous. 100% of them have taken a shit so I guess shitting causes covid as well.

Again - this is UNDENIABLE per the statistics that the state of MN posts daily.....if you are not in a high risk group, the chances are very, very slim you will get very ill and even smaller you will die. You can ignore these ACTUAL statistics if you want or you have an agenda but that is empirical data printed daily from the MN health dept.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:30 pm

I would agree that if enough people get it in the high risk category and the very small amount of people who aren't in the high risk category get it, ICU beds could be over run, not disputing that.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:35 pm

We accept a certain number of deaths in all categories of our society. We could have zero highway deaths by setting speed limit at 10mph but we don't because of cost. We could eliminate construction worker death by putting an inspector on every job site, but we don't because of cost.

So where we find the amount of covid deaths acceptable versus the cost has to at some point balance out but let's not pretend we don't put a cost on human life for our convenience every day.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:55 pm

The cost of each covid death has got to be the highest ever.....once you factor in everything from an economic loss standpoint.

As far as the face masks....2% reduction in transmission is the max. Scroll to the bottom of the page and see the 4th citation:

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases ... erfaq.html

Here's a shortcut directly to the study:

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/ ... 2020.00818

Keep in mind, this is "the science" coming from the people who are pushing for masks.

HnkrCrash wrote:Masks do work if worn correctly. Pretty sound science on that and more coming out daily.

Can you share some of this science in the manner I just did? Where I pointed to who's pushing it and where you can actually go and read the study?

I keep hearing people saying the same exact thing you are but when I ask anything about "What science?" or "Where can I find this science?" everyone gets all pissed and acts like I'm being this asshole. If there's all this sound science coming out daily it shouldn't be hard at all to post up a link to a couple studies.....
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:00 pm

On the news they kept talking about the 900 staff at the Mayo who have covid and they literally stated they all caught it while in the break room eating or drinking with their masks off.

If that's not clear propaganda I don't know what is.....
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”