Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Shotgun shells

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:39 am

What’s the deal. I’ve been watching Rogers sporting goods ever week. Basically they have nothing. I need at least a case before fall. Why the shortage? I’ve heard the conspiracy theory’s about government buying all the ammo up. But what’s really going on.
Last edited by Hansen on Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Re: Shotgun shells

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:53 am

Been alot of press around this in various publications. Essentially it's a perfect storm of high demand (7million new gun owners and going up) paired with manufacturers inability to import in supplies/parts. Well beyond brass, powder and freedom pills, importing computer boards, packaging material and other various parts to fix commercial machines has been nearly impossible.

Good friend @ Federal has verified all of the above.

Here's a decent rundown: https://www.americanrifleman.org/conten ... ll-it-end/

FWIW Mack's has some waterfowl ammo in stock depending on how picky you are about what you shoot.

I have a case of match 308 175's on backorder that I placed in Feb. Don't exxpect it anytime real soon.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:31 am

Lucky for me, I have countless rounds of snow goose ammunition I buy on sale every year in bulk, which I never end up going through cause I'm a dogshit snow goose hunter. Still sitting on a case of Remington nitro steel I got for $7.50/box back in like 2014

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:59 pm

Stack it deep when it’s cheap.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Shotgun shells

Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:18 pm

emptymag wrote:Stack it deep when it’s cheap.
I bought out Walmart of their surprema 00 buckshot 25 round boxes for 9.99 a box 2 years ago. Hard to find buckshot that cheap anymore. Not for hunting but for shtf fk the world type thing.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:30 am

I've got a whole hurt locker full of shotgun shells...somehow I keep ending up with more despite having not bought them in years it seems.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:10 pm

https://bossshotshells.com/shotshells/all

I’ve shot a good number of these along with some friends. 2 3/4” #5 or #4 hammer birds
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:18 am

For over $1 per shell they better hammer the whole flock on each shot. The fed red box I shoot are half the cost.

What makes the boss shells worth that much more? I’m not trying to argue, I’m genuinely curious. I’ve heard from others that like them but never asked what makes them special because I had no idea they are that much.

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Shotgun shells

Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:21 am

Nershi wrote:For over $1 per shell they better hammer the whole flock on each shot. The fed red box I shoot are half the cost.

What makes the boss shells worth that much more? I’m not trying to argue, I’m genuinely curious. I’ve heard from others that like them but never asked what makes them special because I had no idea they are that much.
They are just rebranded bismuth shells. 2 years ago runnings has the Kent bismuth for 9.99 a box so I bought out all the 16 gauge loads for my grandpa's old mod 12.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:31 am

Their website says they are copper plated tungsten. Never heard of tungsten in shells. That would explain the cost. Lots of marketing on their website about the powder too.

Are they as good as lead? Better than bismuth?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”