Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Western Big Game/Application Season

Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:52 am

So I know I'm not the only flatlander that is larping as a badass western hunter. What does everyone have their eyes set on as far as applications go? I'm trying to decide if I want to use my 3 points in WY on a general elk tag, which I'm kinda leaning towards, or get another reduced price cow tag, or even apply elsewhere.

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Re: Western Big Game/Application Season

Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:19 pm

i'm in a goofy place right now with wy elk points. Too many to burn on a general and not enough to pull a good unit. I have a enough smaller bulls in my rafters to want a chance at a really nice one. Have pts going all over out there so just need to figure out where to capitalize for this year and always view NM as a winning the lottery if I actually ever pulled there.

do you have pts to apply elsewhere?

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:01 pm

Yah I feel like I either get a general tag in WY soon or I have to wait for a glory unit.

Currently I have 3 points for deer, elk, and pronghorn in WY and then three pref points for the same in MT.

Wish I was made of money and could buy points and apply all over but I’m not so that’s all I’ve got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:36 pm

I started collecting points for SD deer and antelope. Lived in western SD briefly so going back there. Also thinking about black hills deer.

Will start trying for tags this year.

The western states are getting ridiculous in points, cost, demand, etc. I imagine SD might follow and become stupid expensive so I don’t plan to do it twice.

Fkn meateater hyping up western public lands nonstop.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:49 pm

Oh yeah I’m building points for a ND deer tag in one of the badlands units but it will be a while before I get that tag.

SD deer and pronghorn wouldn’t be be a bad place to start building as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:50 pm

Ive got points in ND SD WY and Colorado. Not sure what I want to do. Elk hunting isnt really atop priority for me. Antelope and mule deer for me.

A group of 3 of us applied for wy special antelope tags with a pile of points and still didn’t get drawn.

My dad worked for a elk outfitter for 7 falls in Colorado and his last we worked a deal to get a spike camp when he draws his mule deer tag, point creep keeps him from pulling a tag. I think he’s actually 2 points behind now.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:19 pm

I need to go West on a pronghorn hunt....or mule deer....need to go out West for some poaching here real soon.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:27 pm

So glad ak doesnt have the point system.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”