Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Green energy irony

Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:19 am

Tesla signed a deal to buy nickel from the controversial copper nickel mine in north east Minnesota. I know several people who are strongly opposed to this mine. Almost all of them are liberals who are convinced humans are causing global warming and electric vehicles are a key piece in stopping it. Many of them own hybrids or electric vehicles. It’ll be interesting to see how teslas involvement will influence the mines permitting and approval.

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Re: Green energy irony

Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:59 am

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:58 pm

Reminds me of ethanol production. It takes 120KBtu to produce 100K btu.
Never mind the facts - because it's "good" for MN and the farmers and clean air.

Do you notice the same none sense with lithium batteries and electric vehicles? Never mind the facts like linked above....

It's nothing but propaganda being sold. It's a con job to hoodwink the masses, pure and simple.

Mean while, so how many politicians have had their pockets filled by the ethanol and electric vehicle industry, so that they push through legislation to perpetrate the con?

As always, follow the money trail.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:26 pm

Another thing I just heard about not long ago...maybe some of you know more. But the giant wind turbine blades are made from fiberglass that can't be reused/recycled need to be replaced every so many years and end up in landfill?

I guess I always just assumed they were aluminum or something I had never heard the fiberglass and non recyclable part before

Any truth to this one? Was from my dad's crazy gf so I never truly know what to believe from her and usually don't care enough to research the things she talks about myself

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:27 pm

Nershi wrote:Tesla signed a deal to buy nickel from the controversial copper nickel mine in north east Minnesota. I know several people who are strongly opposed to this mine. Almost all of them are liberals who are convinced humans are causing global warming and electric vehicles are a key piece in stopping it. Many of them own hybrids or electric vehicles. It’ll be interesting to see how teslas involvement will influence the mines permitting and approval.

LOl I think they are going to have to start using a horse and buggy. These type of people are usually miserably unhappy goofs anyway who probably have a " trust the science " bumper sticker and would lock their kids in a truck if they had covid.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:12 pm

You should see what two of my brothers do.....travel around and set up solar farms. Typically they clear cut a section or two of woods outside an urban center.....where such habitat is at a real premium. But they slash, burn, and bulldoze a section or two of nice woods into a parking lot.....there's a lot of groundwater issues....drilling pile deep in a large grid to support the panels. The panel themselves are produced with tons of toxic chemicals and hazardous materials.....if you break a commercial solar panel it's a hazardous material that needs to be disposed of very carefully and expensively.....

....all to get some really shitty intermittent low wattage energy. Night time? Nothing produced. Overcast? Little to nothing produced. Shit is garbage and they'll tell you it, but hey....at least it beats wind as far as renewables go.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:16 pm

Oh, and if you removed the carbon from all combustion vehicles on the earth?

It'd reduce global carbon emissions only 6.5%

And I'm talking semis, tractors....everything....which most of that shit will never be electric.

Plus 85-90% of our electricity is produced by fossil fuels. So great idea....have cars charge themselves off of electricity largely produced by stuff like burning natural gas or even coal.

"Clean"
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:39 am

Elon hell of a snake oil salesman. Guys a friggin genius.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:46 am

Elon is an alien. He says he wants to go to mars but he really just wants to fly home.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”