Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Summer----Wet?

Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:40 am

So it looks like you guys have been getting a lot of rain back in 'Sota? How wet of a year has it been?

This is prior to the last system that dumped a couple inches....

20240613_033236.jpg

It's been nice out here....took this pic yesterday evening out the car window on my drive to Menards....probably about a half mile from Menards....needed some mulch.....

20240611_195930.jpg

Not my Pic but worth sharing....that time of year were wolves, bears, & coyotes are rampaging the fawns....

Screenshot_20240613_024609_Facebook.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Re: Summer----Wet?

Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:25 pm

Yeah, we’re not under water but we’ve had steady rain in NC Minnesota. I hope it didn’t wash out the grouse chicks or flood the duck nests. All the vegetation is lush but woods roads are in good shape, unless they were already rutted or holding water.

Found this, I think it’s chicken of the woods or hen of the woods but I haven’t had time to look it up yet:
Attachments
IMG_5653.jpeg

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:31 pm

It's definitely wet ffs. I'm curious if the farmer has even planted my property. He has missed a year or two in the past

Fairly substantial rain again today and saying multiple rounds of heavy rain this week

Honestly after the last few years the yard really needed a stretch like this it's looking really good again. I'm not once of those guys that's enthralled with his yard and spends a bunch of time on it...so it's looked horrible past couple years this year it all filled back in nicely just spraying the weeds and fertilizing with a lil seed to fill in some spots

Given my last work history all the rain always makes me nervous with my basement. This area is very bad in general for water intrusion. When I first moved in 16 years ago we briefly lost power during a heavy rain and I installed ba battery backup sump instantly. Just replaced the battery this winter. Sure enough we lost power for about 4 hrs one night a month ago and the battery backup saved me. Several houses flooded in the neighborhood and gf said facebook was lit up that might with people wondering what to do with their sumps filling up

Nice pic really looks nice out there. I'd love to try and take a trip out that way this summer just trying to get into a newer truck before we can road trip and gf and I both have surgeries coming up so I dunno if it'll happen this summer yet.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:57 am

It's been pretty wet here too...this is from last night at 10:30pm....guess who was camped out in a cheap tent?

Screenshot_20240615_223140_Chrome.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:26 am

1.5” around Bemidji this morning. Heavy downpour.

Won’t be good for wild rice or grouse chicks

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:05 pm

Supposed to hit hard again Friday too here they have 2-4" forecast just Fri into Fri night

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”