randywatson
Mergie Marauder

North America

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Any one catch the episode on discovery channel titled no place to hide? Bald eagles on squaw creek flushing 200,000 snow geese to create a bunch of cripples. It was pretty awesome to see.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Re: North America

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Have it saved on the DVR. There is a migration one that is pretty good too

Sent from a phancy fone

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:51 pm

About 5 years ago when I was up in ND Snow hunting in the spring, I saw about 10,000 Snows get up about a 2/3 mile away that we were watching in the afternoon and I was wondering what the heck spooked them, and then I saw a flashing of white going downward. I through up my 10x binocs -- a Bald Eagle had a Snow in its tallons and they were twirling down to earth, that eagle had taken out a Snow in mid air! So much that they only prey on fish!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:01 pm

My dads watched one take a Canada out of the air

Sent from a phancy fone

duck_dynasty
Coot Commander

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:25 pm

I was out on the Mississippi Monday and there was a bald eagle that swooped down at a hen mallard after it had just landed. The bird must have been wounded or something cause it could hardly fly. I thought the duck was dead on the water (no pun intended) but it dove just as the eagle was about to grab it. It then swam near shore and never saw it again. It was pretty awesome to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:40 pm

I once watched an eagle attempt to pluck a wounded hen mallard off the water. He gave up after about 6 tries. The mallard was adept at timing her dive in spite of not being able to fly.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Eagles hunting in tandem have gotten crippled golden eyes before we could get to them in the boat on leech.

Pretty sweet to watch. Do you have to count that towards your limit lol. Paging Mr Forest Green Jeans? Forest? Forest? Forest Green Jeans?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Storm MN
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Goldfish wrote:My dads watched one take a Canada out of the air

Sent from a phancy fone

Last year while scouting a small beaver pond I scared up a crippled canada goose that someone shot off one foot and couldn't fly to far. A bald eagle came and knocked it down in mid air and then went and finished it off. Was actually a pretty cool site to see :D

Labguy23
Coot Commander

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:07 pm

That was sweet. Watched that earlier this week. Surprised how many snows would just sit on the ice.

A couple years ago we watched bald eagles doing the same thing to ducks and geese off highway 52 north of Coates. They were there for weeks. We would go out and take pictures with my whole family.
Conservation:Hunt with a trained retriever.

www.threeriversretrievers.com

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”