Lars30
Coot Commander

Re: In MN, the waterfowl season is open more than it’s close

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:39 pm

I guess when I hear "Waterfowl" I take it as a generalization of game. Special seasons are for special species, its like saying fishing season is open, when in fact at certian times the season isn't open at all. I don't consider any special seasons as "waterfowl seasons", early goose, late goose or spring snows, they all have special regs for the special seasons. The spring snow goose season in MN is basically a joke, they clip a very small portion of the state and opportunities are limited. The true Waterfowl season is the one that starts and ends where you can shoot all types of waterfowl, so in fact the "Waterfowl Season" is the 60 day effort from late sept. through late nov.
Call em in and take em out

Marshmaster
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Re: In MN, the waterfowl season is open more than it’s close

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:19 pm

Lars30,

A season is about opportunity. Geese are a member of the waterfowl family and being able to hunt them at various times is the opportunity to do something that if you look at the regulations I posted above, you didn't have that opportunity before. While you may sit and complain, hunters from the 30's would have no problem being able to hunt almost 4 and 1/2 months longer than those 30 day seasons from the drought.

Also, how many of those seasons posted above had no seasons on Wood Ducks, now one of the most prominent birds in todays hunter's game bag?

Marshmaster

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”