shnelson
Mergie Marauder

was this supposed to be the next shot heard round the world

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:32 pm

or is it really just some rancher freeloading his cattle on government property?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -land.html
Hundreds of heavily armed militia members celebrated their victory over federal law enforcement officers on Saturday after they secured the release of Cliven Bundy's captured cattle.
In an embarrassing climbdown, the Bureau of Land Management retreated from its high profile standoff with Bundy and his rag-tag bunch of anti-federalists after the BLM attempted to forcibly capture nearly 1,000 of his cattle.
The militia member showed up at corrals outside Mesquite to demand the animals' return to rancher Cliven Bundy. Some protesters were armed with handguns and rifles at the corrals and at an earlier nearby rally.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: was this supposed to be the next shot heard round the wo

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Frankly that rancher is waaaaaaay out there. It is NOT his land, he quit paying the grazzing fees years ago and refuses to get his cattle off of BLM land. Think of it this way: If it was your land, and your neighbor insisted on grazzing his cattle on your property and was not paying you either. So what would you do after 20 years of this non sense by the rancher and he had owed $1M in fees to you?

They just should have gone in and shot every single one that was on BLM land. As far as I'm concerned, they would be just protecting their property "rights".

Basically the family is saying that they were grazing there before the BLM was created. if that is the case, would not the local Indians have claim to the land? Just saying...

http://centurylink.net/news/read/article/the_associated_press-feds_to_pursue_effort_to_end_dispute_with_rancher-ap
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Ya, not quite sure what his deal is, all the neighbors are paying a fee from what I have read, not sure why he thinks he's immune from this, I bet they don't forget about him.........

Every ones bank account would look pretty good if you didn't pay your taxes.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:27 pm

This ought to give Alex Jones about 2 weeks of talking points for his radio show...

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:45 pm

The rancher had a deal with the county before the BLM bought the land. When the BLM bought the land they changed the terms of the agreement without consulting with Bundy. Neighboring ranches have been bought by the BLM and they have tried to buy Buddy's ranch. According to the contract the BLM came up with, Bundy would have to reduce his herd to a point where he could not sustain his ranch. This is what happened to the other ranches in the area. The government needs to keep their nose out if other people's business. Why did they buy the land in the first place? What are their plans for all this land that was once owned by the county?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:19 pm

According to conspiracies and a little connecting the dots, the land is to be sold to the Chinese to build a solar station, primed by Harry Reed.

I was confused by this situation as well as to how a freeloader using public land for his own profit caused such a ruckus that so many people came to their side and what I get is this:
The people aren't there because of the past situation which brought this on. What they are there for, is how the government is handling the situation and people are fed up with seeing John Q Public being manhandled and pushed around. Tazing the old, arresting anyone in their way, forcing people to a "First Amendment Zone" if they wanted to protest. Basically, they took a small situation and went ballistic with it, which everyone said "you are done with this bull chit".

At least that's the way it's been explained to me.

Sent from a phancy fone

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:34 am

This guy is a pansy compared to Gordon Kahl.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:51 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFiosLqjoQQ[/youtube]

This kinda confirms what Goldfish posted.

You should see the size of the tinfoil hat I just built :mrgreen:

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:12 am

Why do citizens have to pay to access public land?

It's our land, right?

When we learned about he Revolutionary War in school everyone thought "who in their right mind would support England", it's easy to see the same mindset now when people support the gov't in situations like this. Most of the time it's fueled by jealousy.

We are over-taxed, unable to access PUBLIC property, and yet people don't support those who fight for our rights. Sad.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:01 am

^^^^ So by your stance I could legally go buy 30 head of cattle and put a fence around a 160 Acre WPA and graze my cattle, not get a permit, not pay the Feds anything, eh? As that amounts to what you are saying about public land that none of use should have to pay to use the public land. Heck there is Carver park a mere 8 miles from me where I could run 250 head of cattle, I better get it done before someone beats me to it!

And another point, every one that enters a Nation Park needs to buy a pass to enter, don't they? These monies help to pay for the upkeep and improvments to tour NPs. So there is indeed precedence for it. And I think this is what the Dept of Interior should do too with NWRs, meaning to enter you need to have bought a current Federal duck stamp, since it is this $ raised by the stamp that bought the land and does the maintenance.

As for what Shawn posted up with that video.... what is it that they always say? Oh yes, follow the money trail if you really want to know what is going on. If nothing else Ried just reinforces my view of politicians in general.

But it still comes back to this: Bundy is not paying for the use of the land. So should his cattle be on it these last 20 years to begin with?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”