goosethumps
I'll Swat Your Decoys

New member intro!

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:49 am

Hey all! Ill be a new guy running around this site in the future so I figured I might as well join up. I am a college student in Northeast Iowa at the moment, and I'll be transferring to Bemidji State University for my Junior year this fall. I am a VERY avid waterfowl hunter, and I am looking for any and all information that could help with my transition from hunting in Iowa to hunting in Minnesota. I frequent the iawaterfowlers page quite often, and have met a lot of great guys from that site! I'm looking to do the same thing here! I'm going to try to upload some pictures from last season in Iowa. Let me know what you guys think!

[img][IMG]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/quacksmacker1/PFO39.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/quacksmacker1/PFO16.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/quacksmacker1/PFO12.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/quacksmacker1/PFO5.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/quacksmacker1/Grantsturkey2.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/quacksmacker1/PFO7.jpg[/img][/img]

D.T. Hammer
Mergie Marauder

Re: New member intro!

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:52 am

Nice pic welcome to the site.

Thanks for sharing!
Buckthorn removal is easy with the buckthorn baggie :-)

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:54 am

Welcome.............nice pic's.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:51 am

Hola!

Here's some quick tips on "banter" that you will read. You will need to judge how these things affect you for yourself.... but I warned you :lol:

1) Hoodies~ we make a lot of fun of those. Yes, they are utilitarian, and comfy, but a black hoodie with a call maker logo adds no street cred here. Also in this category: trailer stickers.

2) Barrel stickers~ it's a free country, but around here it's like a guy carrying a hand bag, with a small dog in it. Now, if you put them on your 9 shot extension....

3) Spots~ a few, not many, will talk spots. More likely a rant will start and the infighting begins over theories of what constitutes "help" and what is "e-scouting".

4) BSU has a DU chapter~ join them immediately... those are the guys/gals that can take you... and some of them will be leaving so it doesn't hurt as bad to introduce a newbie.

5) if you don't now, learn to like to fish.

6) There are no ducks in Minnesota

Certain there are plenty of other "unwritten" rules of the trade around here, but you'll get a sense for it if you don't have a glass jaw. Kind of like a gang, you get beat in.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:20 am

BSU - If you like to fish, hunt, cold weather, long winters and big women you are in luck.

Welcome to the site!

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:00 am

Nice photos & welcome to the site!

goosethumps
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:06 am

Man! If this forum had a "Thanks" button, the last three posts would definitely be recognized!

I plan on joining the DU club at BSU. It sounds like a good time. As for the abnormally large women at Bemidji, they ain't got nothing on UM Crookston. I toured that place before I chose Bemidji, and I think I counted more cattle than girls! ;)

I also love fishing! Dad and I taken yearly fishing trips to both Canada and Minnesota ever since I was in middle school. I enjoy ice fishing much more than open water, so I should have a good "college experience" come this winter!

Lanyard- These may also apply to that "top ways to start an argument topic."

Kill a hen.

Kill two hens.

Post harvest report without date location and pictures with authenticity signature.

Kill a limit of green.

Kill a limit of honkers.

Wear a hat.

Be a staffer.

Not be a staffer.

Put out 22 dozen honker decoys in hopes of, you guessed it, shooting a goose.

... is this bird I shot a duck? If so, what kind?

Shooting ducks consistently at 70yds.

Post up weather predictions for a month ahead of time.

Comment on someone's price in the classifieds when you have no intent on buying.

Shoot a duck on the water.

Shoot a dog on the water.

Heck shoot your brother in law on the water.

I've experienced my fair share of waterfowl forum do's and don'ts :mrgreen:
I know I'm missing some....

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:17 am

For some reason I can't see the pictures, anyone else have this? Image

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:47 am

dwendt wrote:For some reason I can't see the pictures, anyone else have this? Image

The picture code got doubled up so they don't show. On web view you could click on the link to see them though
uploadfromtaptalk1397753232244.jpg

Sent from a phancy fone

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:54 am

Some legitimately world class fishing in that area. Ice fishing is just as good. Really waterfowl hunting as well.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”