Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Could you live with this??

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:54 pm

Geaux4me wrote:Really?

Im in southern minnesota an had one of our best years for shootin redheads.

He was talking about the migration, you are talking about a couple hunts by one group. The chances of missing a migration during a two week closed period in early to mid October is about 100%. And for a state that relies almost exclusively on migrants, it's not a very good idea.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Geaux4me
Coot Commander

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:57 pm

I think if people would put as much effort into huntin as much as they pissed an moaned they wouldnt have much to complain about

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Geaux4me wrote:Really?

Im in southern minnesota an had one of our best years for shootin redheads.

So you got lucky and found some late redheads. If you would of been out when the front rolled through on the split you would understand what I'm talking about.

I can shoot a limit or two of blue wings mid season some years, does that mean they are all still here?

For the record I liked the first year we had a split. Two days on then five off and it started back up on our traditional opener. Gave us a chance at some of the last blue wings. But this two weeks off in October is just plain stupid. I'd be all for a se zone because the miss is a different beast, but to lump in all southern mn is bullshite.

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Geaux4me wrote:I think if people would put as much effort into huntin as much as they pissed an moaned they wouldnt have much to complain about

Also you're pissing and moaning about someone pissing and moaning...classic.

your mom...

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:05 pm

Geaux4me wrote:I think if people would put as much effort into huntin as much as they pissed an moaned they wouldnt have much to complain about

Its as impossible to go duck hunting in southern MN right now as it is to hunt here in early october. Where are you hunting ducks right now?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Geaux4me
Coot Commander

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:51 pm

gimpfinger wrote:

Also you're pissing and moaning about someone pissing and moaning...classic.

your mom...

Nope, stating it as fact, no pissin an moanin here. ;)

Geaux4me
Coot Commander

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Trigger wrote:

Its as impossible to go duck hunting in southern MN right now as it is to hunt here in early october. Where are you hunting ducks right now?

If u really believed i was talkin bout now then i understand why u'd have a problem during season.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Shut up and comply. Is that what you're telling us?

your mom...

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:17 pm

What effort are you putting into hunting this time of year?

I have no problem with people bitching about the DNR dropping the ball. If I did I would tell them to go fishing. The calendar still reads July.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Geaux4me wrote:
Trigger wrote:

If u really believed i was talkin bout now then i understand why u'd have a problem during season.

Wait.... You weren't talking about right now?! Now I don't get your original post. I thought I was supposed to be out putting an effort into hunting instead of bytching?

But either way, do you think the mn season is set up perfectly right now?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”