Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Wolves & Teal, MWA & HFW, DNR Hypocrisy & Legal Consequences

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:51 am

I like where you are going with this FF. I wonder if we could get an outdoor writer to publish an article to point out these facts.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:55 am

Bullet21XD wrote:The wolf season was appealing to like 20 people...ranchers in NW MN.

A teal season was unappealing to like 500...old, anti hunting, democrats from the metro masquerading as waterfowlers...

See why we don't have a teal hunt?

That "appealing" word just bugs the fur off my bean bag sack, ever since I heard Steve Cordts use it on kfan.

I'd say the wolf hunt was far more "unappealing" with warm body numbers, state, nationally and internationally vs a largely ignored teal season? No one cares in the anti crowd if a teal gets a facial of number 3's. Yet the dnr fights for a wolf hunt? Then when something is fully supported, fully researched to be sustainable, they pass on it for not being "appealing"?

Seriously?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:04 am

I sit here smiling. Using the DNR's own words and contradictions against them is perfect and 100% the way I would go about this. Looping in the Spooning With Wolves dipshits is also on point. The only sad part is, I wish I would have thought of this idea myself...classic passive-aggressive behavior and right in my wheelhouse.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:05 am

Nershi wrote:I like where you are going with this FF. I wonder if we could get an outdoor writer to publish an article to point out these facts.

Minnesota seriously needs someone with a steel pair of man berries to call the dnr on stuff.

Maybe Ron Sahara's daughter with AC/DC's American thighs could do it?

Or Dennis Anderson's wife who loves her horse/puppies?

Cause Anderson and Sahara could honestly not give less of a shit what happens in this state that doesn't totally benefit their wallets or their gigantic egos.

It's to bad Clancy isn't more widely known, he'd have the man berries to do it.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:21 am

Keep their heads ringing FF!
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:24 pm

Hit them up about science vs public input regarding over the counter buck tags, and overall deer management as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:25 pm

Nershi wrote:I like where you are going with this FF. I wonder if we could get an outdoor writer to publish an article to point out these facts.

Absolutely not. Sure, it might be possible but I would never ask or want them to. The outdoor writers are a huge part of the problem in this state. They had an enormous impact on the teal season and the overall idiotic culture of waterfowlers here, and the media as a whole and how they can sway public opinion is why a hunting season should never be set from public input. The DNR got that right in the wolf case; public input is not scientific.

Dennis Anderson, the guy who argued for the "MO model" because the DNR needs to be able to make management decisions independent from the legislature and public opinion, is a giant hypocrite and dbag that uses his media influence whenever he can to sway public opinion to his own and then sicks them on the DNR. He did exactly that with his absurdly biased and melodramatic '2025' piece. He's all for the DNR making sound science based management decisions....except for all the times he doesn't like them.

Doug Smith seems like an alright guy but he's also part of the problem because of his close ties to both Cordts and Nylin; which ironically has helped tremendously as evidence supporting my claims and will make it very easy for people unfamiliar with all this to connect the dots and get that what I'm saying is true. Go to the Star Tribune site and search "Cordts." All the teal articles will be on the first two pages of results. If you take the time to read them you'll notice two things. One, how drastically the department did a 180 from pushing the USFWS to get a teal season for years to getting the option and then ultimately opposing it. Two, in almost every article Cordts is quoted in relation to the teal season Brad Nylin is also quoted stating the MWA's opposition. The Doug Smith articles make it extremely obvious to show how DNR's transgression took place and who influenced it.

Dave Orrick-Pioneer Press, I don't know enough about. Outdoor News, not big enough, also don't know enough about the writers. The bottom line is they are all going to biased. They spend time working with and depend on the DNR and MWA for quotes and probably enjoy going to stuff like the symposium for material to fill articles; that's their job.

If I were to go to any press it'd be the writer who followed the wolf season case. They'd probably write it like it is. Plus here's a fun fact, HFW has 58,914 likes on facebook and the MWF has 1,410. Who would you target if you were looking to cause a stir? Who do you think is already more riled up and more likely to side with me when shown the inconsistent decisions for wolves and teal, the HFW crowd or other hunters?

The bottom line is I have zero intention to push public opinion for support, form "Hunters for Teal Seasons," organize a teal rally, start a petition, take a turn holding the mic during the Q&A portion of an idiotic symposium, or any of the other stupid shyte that's become the norm in this state and caused backwards wildlife management.

I'm going to do what sane and normal people do to resolve conflicts with legal implications---make sure their azz ends up in court in front of a judge, one that's probably (hopefully) never heard of a blue-winged teal. That way the facts and testimony can be reviewed without bias and an objective ruling can be made on whether or not the DNR's actions were legal and fair to the residents of our state.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

deet
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:45 am

Serious question - is this just a fun fantasy you're playing out, or are you taking action in the real world? If the latter, is your strategy to influence HFW to file a lawsuit, and then let it go from there?

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:15 am

Deet - great question.....I actually for a moment forgot FF is one of the most inventive internet villans, ever. I say that with peace and love.

I do feel slighted as I brought up the fact that the "mistake duck" was intentionally included to tank the teal season because "they" cordts, whoever KNEW it would never be approved with a mistake duck. The mistake duck was by design 1. a diversion 2. a sandbag

I also brought up with no f'n support the LUDICROUS fact the MWA was publicly against expanding opportunities for waterfowlers in MN by being against the teal season. WTF??????? A club supposedly for waterfowlers, by waterfowlers, is against more water fowl hunting???!!!!!!!

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:57 am

Maybe we should crash MWA's prairie pothole day to let all their members know that they do not support more hunting opportunities for waterfowlers.

Funny the DNR claims we need a mistake duck for teal yet we have several species that have sublimits that are very common in our state like wood ducks, reds, pins, blacks and cans. Why don't they ask for a mistake ducks during the regular season? Maybe because they know damn well the feds would laugh at the notion, just like they would for early teal.

I truly thought the state would offer a teal season after the positive results from the other 3 states. Clearly there are motivations and agendas they aren't sharing with us.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”