Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Re: Lack of Geese

Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:08 pm

It's interesting to hear guys whining that they are shooting enough geese from their "just of a refuge" or "surrounded by development" fields. It's like they think they are owed geese because they have access to these spots. Guys what, things change, birds shift. I've seen plenty of geese around so far. You aren't obligated anything because you have a "good spot." Get out and scout.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:59 pm

I don't think people were saying they were entitled to shoot that many geese, they're just saying that even though they have this cherry spot they're not seeing much for geese to further illustrate how much lower the numbers are.

lanyard wrote:Funny, birds don't really nest in dirt fields.... hmmmmmm?

And the pheasant population gets a summit on how to shoot more and everyone agrees: HABITAT!

But for ducks it's 'don't shoot 'em!'

dumb asses.

Excellent point.

The beauty of the regs and limits for pheasants is that it removes any possible argument for "we're shooting too many hens," and it forces people to go to the root of the problem.

Despite the fact the vast majority of the ducks we shoot come from outside MN, obviously not the case with pheasants, it's still pressure on our 'local ducks' that's the problem.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:11 pm

Ya not complaining...just stating what I saw, because I was really taken back by the huge difference in numbers this year. Just crazy the drop from last year and prior years.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”