Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: blinding on private property

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:32 pm

There isn't a law about property lines but there is a distance requirement for occupied buildings. Or at least there used to be. Can't remember the distance requirement because it has been a few years. Maybe 500 ft? You could always look up the number for the local warden and call them.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:46 pm

deet wrote:I'm not even talking about building a blind, just talking about hunting out of your boat/canoe in the emergent veg. adjacent to private land. Buddy believed you had to be some distance away from their property line even if you're in wet cattails or bulrushes. But that's not the case.

In that case, there are no distance restrictions to shore, house, building, dock, etc.
Dominate The Skies.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Yep, you can blast away within 500 ft of an occupied building if you are on water

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:55 pm

But the question should be, should you be within 500' blasting away? Meaning if you owned the house a guy was 150' away shooting - how would you like it?
Another part is the corral language and if it applies to water. Meaning if a person has horses or cattle - it is 500' no shooting ever unless written permission is obtained.
Lets put it this way - if I owned a place or had cattle along a lake and some yahoo started blasting within 500' of me or the cattle - they WOULD be getting a visit from the Sheriff and I WOULD press charges.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:43 pm

I be pissed if someone was 150' from my house killing birds because I was to stupid to not be out there myself.

As for the 500' livestock rule....that needs to go because all I've ever seen of it was jackasses abusing it so that people can't even deer hunt their own private property.

Team Power Dump
Last edited by gimpfinger on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Law is law, call the sheriff all they want. We've had plenty of sheriff visits from citiots only to be shooting 5 min after the sheriff leaves. Those idiots think the sheriff is scary to us if they call them, we know we are within the bounds of the law. Shoot the shit for 5 min and back to hunting.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”