Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Golden Gophers Football

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:54 am

Jackrabbits beating themselves instead of the Gophers beating them?

First game of the season, lot of unknowns, higher probability of weird stuff happening and a team's play not representative of who they are.....Jack's are good football team....not far behind NDSU in talent this year, and NDSU is a 1-AA program that not only goes on the road to play power five competition, but doesn't beat them---they obliterate them.

End Result is I didn't have to try too hard to paint the SDSU as a positive thing for the season by testing the Gophers team in-game mettle and pull out a win.

Game Two---A little disappointed that it took Antoine Winfield's kid to virtually come out of nowhere to pick off a ball after multiple overtimes and seal up the win. Fresno State is a good program, finished the season last year ranked 19th in the country, we were on the road to a West Coast school that just like the Jackrabbits should have taken out the much bigger program and saddled USC with an "L."

Oh well, all will be right in the world once they steamroll Georgia Southern, the biggest gimme.....a joke of a game under the tried and trued formula where a power five power school with any aspirations to take the next step pays a shithole school somewhere in the armpit of the country to come into and get their asses kicked.

That's what this game was---the most blatant type of powderpuff school accepting a fat check for forcing their poor student athletes that are so ridiculously overmatched it's hard to draw some decent comparisons.......

???

It'd kind of be like your parents forcing you to enter the Indy500 when you were twelve and a great driver already with tons of talent......taking corners around a few milk crates in the culdesac in the homemade go-cart they picked up for your birthday present they got at a garage sale, that's powered by an old refurbished lawnmower engine....

.....when your parents, people that you trusted your well-being with, and having full confidence they'd never do something like not looking out for your best interest and what's most beneficial for you as a person, to instead give you a "Rah-Rah-Rah" speech about how they believe in you because they truly think you can win the Indy500 as a twelve year old kid in a go-cart next to the fastest and quickest handling race cars man has ever been able to build, so a billionaire can hire a driver, enter a car, and get blitzed in Indianapolis one night a year as a hobby.....

....or just like the institution you took great care in selecting as where you'd get your degree and build a foundation for success in life by earning it both on and off the field for Southern Georgia University.....or maybe it's the University of Southern Georgia? I'd look into it but A) no one has ever heard of the school prior to the Gophers releasing their schedule and B) no one fukcing cares....

.....it's another shithole "higher institution" that's coaches and admins, the same people that passed out the all important school handbook for all the expectations and rules for their conduct while attending, the same people who lied through their teeth that they truly want what's best for them on school visits and whatever recruiting efforts get made at a school no one outside the town it is in and a hundred mile radius has ever heard of.....

.....these coaches and admins told the people that trusted them with their future they would always work on their behalf and honor their institutions Greek motto, code of ethics, and all that other bullshit about their passion for building the minds and forging the men that will be leaders of future generations....that they'd always operate under the premise they act only after thoughtfully trying to answer, "What's in their best interest?"

These same motherfukcers accepted a large check as part of the deal that sent their football team to a power five conference team's final home tune-up before B1G, and they paid them because after a lot of time and effort by a whole shitload of really smart people in the Athletic department, they determined Georgia Southern offered the most certainty for an annihilation of a team on the absolute bottom rung of football programs, that they're not even "programs" they're teams largely made-up of talent that walked-on and plays for nothing more than love of the game cause their school sure as shit isn't allowed scholarships for all their players and they weren't talented to be in the mix for one on a team that has little to none and conducts practices on a brown turf comprised mainly of crabgrass and dandelions....

......and that's why they perfect candidate the Gophers could put in the cart, quit shopping, and head directly to checkout.....at a cedy little known extea sleazy store the well-funded large college football teams go shopping at called "Blood-Bath & Beyond" where they only product they specialize in is booking a game with a team so undermatched and overwhelmed that it's easy to forget the story's warranty and return policy of, "Yes, we guarantee that thrashing these poor kids somehow still qualifies as a win with the NCAA, or your money back!"

Good for road team for not laying down and instead choosing to embarrass the Gophs, when it was them....the kids from wherever the fukc in Northern Florida the Gophs gladly flew them in from as the patsies to build their team's confidence.....the extra loose and easy....fat bar slut taken down as a slump buster in order to get enough confidence back into believing you're ready to compete for real and take down some hot chicks.....

I wish the Gophers had lost. The season is over for me.....after they weren't able to put up over fifty today and allow only ten or under.

This Gophers football team is full of higher than average physical talent, in terms of recruits getting a few or more stars mentioned along with their names......losers that will figure it out too late in the unlikely scenario they figure it out at all....that there's the part between the ears that's pretty damn important....or realize that the lucky bounces often go the way of the team that has some heart, guts, and balls part of the equation.

Wisconsin will drub us, Nebraska too....or maybe they beat the huskers and lose to Iowa....NE or IA will be the "signature" win on yet another pathetically disappointing season.....the other they'll be losing to since that's what losers do.....

....Can't believe I wasted any time at all pushing myself to have enough optimism to care to follow them at all.

Fleck gets fired next season after his fourth year.....new coach represents a totally new departure for the program that has everyone hopeful in four years this guy will have it turned around and back to prominence......because some how fans are able to trick themselves into the mirage that the new guy isn't exactly the same as the last guy.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:51 am

Whilst stuck at a birthday party last night, I watched the last 2 min or so of the gophers football game. Wasn’t too bad.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Gophers are about to be 5-0....are we going to be forced to put our sporting hopes back on the Gophs? On top of this depressing weather??

Sad...really.......
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:56 pm

No. They 'll choke it the Tidy Bowl

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:32 am

The Gophers Matt Lauer'ed Nebraska using their own corn cobs against them....against their will.

Nice little beatdown to get to 6-0
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:30 pm

7-0 for the first time since 1960 after taking care of business and throttling an awful Rutgers team.

Are the Gophs for real?
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:56 pm

Have the Gophers beaten a ranked team?

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:05 pm

^^^Nope, and we'll find out if the Gophs are for real on Saturday with No. 5 Penn State coming to town.

This is literally the biggest Gophers football game of my lifetime. Glen Mason's almost-upset over Michigan (Gophs ranked 13th-14th-ish vs. 2nd ranked Wolverines) comes close....but in all seriousness....this is the most important, possibly program defining, game in my lifetime for the Gophers.

Screenshot_20191103-130015_Chrome.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:24 pm

Fish Felon wrote:^^^Nope, and we'll find out if the Gophs are for real on Saturday with No. 5 Penn State coming to town.

This is literally the biggest Gophers football game of my lifetime. Glen Mason's almost-upset over Michigan (Gophs ranked 13th-14th-ish vs. 2nd ranked Wolverines) comes close....but in all seriousness....this is the most important, possibly program defining, game in my lifetime for the Gophers.

I'll be in a deer stand not caring.

Will check the score after the woods, if I remember. Beer or Whiskey? That question will weigh more heavily than, "How'd the Gophers do?"

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:41 pm

lanyard wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:^^^Nope, and we'll find out if the Gophs are for real on Saturday with No. 5 Penn State coming to town.

I'll be in a deer stand not caring.

Will check the score after the woods, if I remember. Beer or Whiskey? That question will weigh more heavily than, "How'd the Gophers do?"

That’s the spirit!
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”