lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: Bro-Culture

Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:56 pm

hobbydog wrote:I am older than anyone on here ....even fowler (BTW, where did he go) and you all sound like Bro's to me. At least some of the time. 8-)

Love it, Hobbydog!

Drunk Dynasty- figured your have the best take in it. "Clear the skies" doesn't even have a double meaning. I mean "No Limit", now that's a freaking name!

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 pm

lanyard wrote:
hobbydog wrote:I am older than anyone on here ....even fowler (BTW, where did he go) and you all sound like Bro's to me. At least some of the time. 8-)

Love it, Hobbydog!

Drunk Dynasty- figured your have the best take in it. "Clear the skies" doesn't even have a double meaning. I mean "No Limit", now that's a freaking name!

Do you need a team on it? “team drunken no limit”
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:32 pm

Yeah, I never understood the guys that had to have their entire set of gear be in the same matching camo pattern. And I've encountered A LOT of bros where that was an absolute must.....the notion of having shadow grass bibs and a real tree shirt and an advantage parka = white trash

These guys for sure vape.....and they consider their "gun powder" vape flavor being puffed in the blind akin to Nash Buckingham smoking good tobacco out of a pipe.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:10 pm

Ya'll mf-ers will never understand the Bro-Life.

I'm not even gonna try to explain. I'll just keep dominating the skies.
Dominate The Skies.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:21 pm

I was about 3 seconds away from jumping over the **** meat counter last night at the local coborns and clocking the 2 douches that kept saying bro back and forth. First time hearing the term my phag alert went off, each time after my rage escalated to the point I was standing there looking at them shaking my head til they noticed and proceeded to coward themselves.

Coupled with shouting **** you to the "impeach Trump" protesters on the overpass at Portland and 494 in Bloomington Thursday evening in rush hour traffic, was a great week.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:09 pm

The guy that does all the photos/marketing is Lee Kjos. Can spot his work a mile away as it essentially all looks the same. That said, he is a legit waterfowl hunter and can’t hate on a guy for finding a niche and making a living as a marketer. Gotta work to your audience, and his audience just happens to be overwhelmingly douchebags. I used to be acquaintances with one of the “models” Kjos used in all of the various ad campaigns. Guy had a pretty sweet gig and literally had a polebarn full of free shit he got to keep from working/modeling for all of the various brands.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:04 pm

I’m friends with a guy that’s in the industry. Also has a plole barn full of stuff. Uhhh,I won’t even get into it.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:56 pm

HnkrCrash wrote:The guy that does all the photos/marketing is Lee Kjos. Can spot his work a mile away as it essentially all looks the same. That said, he is a legit waterfowl hunter and can’t hate on a guy for finding a niche and making a living as a marketer. Gotta work to your audience, and his audience just happens to be overwhelmingly douchebags. I used to be acquaintances with one of the “models” Kjos used in all of the various ad campaigns. Guy had a pretty sweet gig and literally had a polebarn full of free shit he got to keep from working/modeling for all of the various brands.

Tripping through podcasts while touring the countryside and having beers with people, cane across Fowl Front Podcast :59 - Boss Shotshells.... Your "Lee" dude is a Partner in Boss.

The founder guy, he owns a metal plating business, been in his family for over 50 years. They aren't making money and aren't as big as the story they tell.

Heading owned my own businesses for a number of years I can tell you they are doing it right: 1) industry expert in the sales/marketing side; 2) a process they can control through in house manufacture/low capital expense; 3) neither has to rely on the Boss business to afford their families.

The faster a company rises the more Likely they can afford the rise, looked have some inside connection yo the industry, and can take losses for market share growth.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:10 am

Never heard of Boss shells. . . . I've bee shooting either Ken or Federal blue/red box for the past 2 decades with just factory choke. I do own some sitka stuff and it's legit. I only have to wear a couple layers with it and stay warm and toasty.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:24 am

Hansen wrote:Never heard of Boss shells. . . . I've bee shooting either Ken or Federal blue/red box for the past 2 decades with just factory choke. I do own some sitka stuff and it's legit. I only have to wear a couple layers with it and stay warm and toasty.

Hadn't heard of them until the Bro-lugy when the dude died in SD. Near as I can tell, the copper plating bismuth is keeping the shot less brittle.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”