randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Re: What’s everyone doin?

Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:17 pm

going into the front lines at mayo. Going to be ghost town here at the wfmc the next 8 weeks if the social distancing thing works. if not going to be SH!T show of epic proportions. smokers obese and anyone over 70 should be scared of this virus.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Cancelled Florida. The fun suck just kept building. Figured we'd end up driving straight through to be at a house with a pool, which really only had value to me if there's a crowded beach I'm trying to stay away from. By the time we got down there the beach would be empty, but shut down, so i would have driven 25 hours to sit by a phucking pool, then drive 25 hours straight back. Eff that, I got decoys to start wiorking on.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:01 pm

Just watching the economy crumble right in front of my eyes

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:26 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Just watching the economy crumble right in front of my eyes

Yea same here, pretty depressing. I look at the numbers infected, number in critical condition, how many it’s killed and which people are dying from it and can’t help but think, ‘all for this’?

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:56 am

Well, apparently I'm paying more attention to things on FBook.

Some time ago I heard that Ryan Reynolds the Dead Pool guy was married to Blake Lively, and I thought: who knew 1) he was gay and 2) he'd marry a gay Country Singer....

Well today, there was a picture of Reynold's and the Blake Lively. The gay country singer is apparently a chic that's sort of attractive.

From I've learned on MNFowl the last few weeks: I guess that doesn't mean he's not gay and she's not a Tinder Tranny.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:14 am

Not going to Florida for spring break, kids are pissed . . . me too.

My wife and I can work from home, business as usually honestly. Both our companies will take a hit but probably not close it's doors. Many will. This will take years to recover from. I too look at the numbers and think, all for this?

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:36 am

Hansen wrote: Both our companies will take a hit but probably not close it's doors. Many will. This will take years to recover from. I too look at the numbers and think, all for this?

I believe your right....................
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

JayRo
Coot Commander

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:43 am

I work in corporate bankruptcy. If we have a functioning economy when the dust settles I will be busy for years...………….

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

What’s everyone doin?

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:22 am

My company is taking some hits but working from home is forbidden still unless we are sick or have child care needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by Drunk_Dynasty on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:27 am

I think, to me at least it's a disconnect because the extreme actions are (hopefully) keeping things in check vs it might be easier to swallow the economic bloodshed if we had a couple million cases and 100,000 deaths.

Was a nasty one two with the oil deal oil is actually a pretty big part of our economy and basically at the point 0% of us oil is profitable to pump...eg that whole industry is closing its doors for now. Oil is approx 7.5% gdp and over 5% employment. Instant huge layoffs

We can't bail out the entire country, can we? That's the way we are going

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”