9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: New Precedent Set

Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:03 am

Thinking Maxxxed Out Guides is alittle slow.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:40 am

I don't know. . . . I went fly fishing in western Wisconsin yesterday and each access was PACKED like I've never seen before. Granted I never fish on a weekends but 4-6 trucks at each access point. Still fish we up and looking for drys on the service and it was a beautiful day, probably caught over 2 dozen. There will be anarchy if Timmy shuts down fishing in Minnesota.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:41 pm

Can I hunt MN Turkey season?

F it!

Yes, I will.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:53 pm

Heard a story through the grape vine some city guys were up ice fishing a few weeks back and some guy at the Farm Island store by Farm Island Lake almost got into fisticuffs with the city guys from bringing the disease up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

prairie hunter
Coot Commander

Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:50 pm

OH and KY are stopping NR licenses sales. Some states mandating 14 day quarantine to try keep people out.

So far MN and WI are saying go hunting and fishing. Just keep your distance. WI and MN have pretty strong outdoor rights advocates.

Fall should be OK unless a second spike starts to occur. That is what happened with bird flu a decade or so ago. Second peak started when schools start up again.

GK1
Coot Commander

Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:38 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Ruined my plans for sure. I had plans to go hunt Nebraska like I did last spring. Didn’t snow goose hunt either. Oh well. I’m not gonna be super sad about saving the money.

Had a buddy drive all over SD last weekend to snow goose hunt, couldn’t get on a field, drove home a day later without setting the spread. Farmers weren’t answering the door or just flat out said no (which isn’t too unusual)

Just got back from SD. No problem getting on fields.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:54 pm

GK1 wrote:[quote="Drunk_Dynasty"]Ruined my plans for sure. I had plans to go hunt Nebraska like I did last spring. Didn’t snow goose hunt either. Oh well. I’m not gonna be super sad about saving the money.

Had a buddy drive all over SD last weekend to snow goose hunt, couldn’t get on a field, drove home a day later without setting the spread. Farmers weren’t answering the door or just flat out said no (which isn’t too unusual)

Just got back from SD. No problem getting on fields.[/quote]

Lucky for you. My buddy got his teeth kicked in.

I’ve had mixed years in SD when it comes to permission.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:11 am

prairie hunter wrote:
So far MN and WI are saying go hunting and fishing. Just keep your distance.

For the most part. They did shut down the rainy in MN. They also shut down public smelting areas in WI. They want to keep the crowds from coming in to small communities. I believe some accesses were closed in Eastern WI as well.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens on MN opener if the stay at home order is still going. I’m probably gonna head up to the BWCA to check out for a bit. Wouldn’t be surprised if they closed it but we’ll probably go even if they do. Not much better place to social distance.

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:36 am

You're safer at a boat launch for 10 minutes waiting to launch then going to the grocery store. I am not sure why different states are shutting things down. Listen to the last meat eater podcast and they were saying how some states opened fishing season early some closed some states are saying you dont even need to buy a fishing license right now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:01 pm

F it I'm going deer hunting

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”