Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Re: Fitness

Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:I should give it a shot. I was running a good amount before it got cold, but since my “western” big game hunt in October I haven’t been very active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where'd ya go

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:04 pm

Western ND for archery mule deer. Didn’t end up punching a tag. Not a lot of experience deer hunting outside of sitting in a deer stand, but it was super cool. Cool landscape, saw a ton of deer, had some real chances I blew due to inexperience. Wouldn’t mind going back again some day, especially with a rifle.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Western ND for archery mule deer. Didn’t end up punching a tag. Not a lot of experience deer hunting outside of sitting in a deer stand, but it was super cool. Cool landscape, saw a ton of deer, had some real chances I blew due to inexperience. Wouldn’t mind going back again some day, especially with a rifle.

Nice

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:35 pm

I'd love to do archery mule deer...but think I need to try to get my dad out for something out west or in canada before he gets too old with a rifle. Honestly mountains may be a little tough on him he's 62 with high blood pressure. I'm thinking maybe a Saskatoon whitetail hunt where the prairie meets the forest...go after one of them huge bruisers up there

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:01 pm

That would be a sweet hunt.

If you don’t mind waiting 5 years for a tag, ND would be a fairly easy rifle hunt even at 67. Lots of roaded public. Lots of deer. I’m gonna start putting in for an ND rifle tag next year. Eastern MT is supposed to be easy too and only 1-2 years to get a tag out there.

Archery is just hard. Mule deer are always with other mule deer. Their dumber than white tails but getting close is difficult. And damn you gotta work slow and glass slow. They are very hard to spot when bedded down.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Got back into working out a couple of months ago after a hiatus. Kinda the story of my life as fitness has unfortunately never really been consistent. Was doing a group deal through work prior to COVID and had a blast doing that and had gotten into pretty good shape only to lose most of it. Now, run 3 miles every morning with the addition of body weight stuff M, W, F via the Total Gym and TRX straps all in the basement. Close to having a 6-pack again after a while of not being sure where my abs were. Would love to say this will last, but if history is an indicator, it will probably fade. That said, I have a goal of being able to dunk a basketball again sometime during my 40th year, so we’ll see.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:20 pm

I like the peloton. Use to go to the gym but having a toddler made it tough to get there. Picked up the peloton and ride it a few times a week. Kendal tool is a hottie. Her metal rides will kick your ass

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:59 pm

One of my biggest issues I have is a digestive disorder...whichh sent me to the hospital for emergency imaging last Feb. To the point I've projectile vomited from being so bloated.

They aren't sure what it is and rona messed up all my additional appts to investigate.

Could potentially be gluten/wheat sensitivity...that's the next thing I try to cut out for a couple weeks. I thought it was potentially dairy I don't think so anymore

I'm not even sure it's food related it could be something underlying.

But I have these "reactions" where I feel like super depressed, lacking energy, bloated, etc.

When I have these it's a struggle to do a couple sets of weights and go for our jog, or even at work like sometimes I'll just stare at the job in front of me and feel so overwhelmed...it's really weird

When I feel great it's nothing to pump out 5 sets then run 3 miles after a full strenuous day at work

I feel like whatever this is impacts my nutrient absorption and what kind of shape I could potentially be in.

I dunno it's really weird but it's like a night and day difference in how I feel. We are having pizza tomorrow and then I'm going gluten free for a bit and see if it makes a difference

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”