emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: AR Pistol in slug zone

Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:24 pm

I think the key with the match bullets is the newer polymer tipped ones. Not sure I’d be down with a standard bthp like a smk but who knows.

I’ve had great luck with eldm but ran out and switched to eldx with the same great results.

Also had good luck with sst’s.

I also like the tipped game changers and the newish rifle gold dots from Speer are phenomenal.

I bought several hundred ttsx and lrx and started working up a load or 2 but quit. Sitting on them until I have to shoot them like California…..
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:10 pm

emptymag wrote:I believe the lower has to be marked as a pistol and if scoped it needs to have a pistol type scope. IE long eye relief.

I know of about 10 guys that have been using them for the last 5+ years.

All of them are shooting 300 blk.

I may or may not know a guy that shot a deer with his, suppressed with a subsonic.

How does the length part come into play if running suppressed?

Length ends at threaded barrel, not the muzzle device, unless the device is pinned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:21 am

Why the ag region of the state needs to be slug only in the first place is retarded. How often do you hear about someone sitting in their house and a bullet from over a mile away coming through a window and killing them?

That shit never happens.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:21 am

Fish Felon wrote:Why the ag region of the state needs to be slug only in the first place is retarded. How often do you hear about someone sitting in their house and a bullet from over a mile away coming through a window and killing them?

That shit never happens.

It’s crazy to me how often that happens considering how many stars need to line up just wrong.

Guy I went to college with dad got shot in the head sitting in his truck by some lowlife shooting in the air to try to jump up a fawn he just saw bed down. Terrible stuff.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:35 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Guy I went to college with dad got shot in the head sitting in his truck by some lowlife shooting in the air to try to jump up a fawn he just saw bed down. Terrible stuff.

Whelp, that's extremely unfortunate....sorry to hear that happened to your buddy.

So......was the bullet on the drop? He shot up in the air and it got him on the way down.....or was it at angle where he got shot? I.E. bullet is traveling at a trajectory from the gunshot, spinning, and not tumbling.

I should've asked if this was in slug or rifle zone. How far away from the vehicle was the shooter?

There are a lot of idiots out there, unfortunately.....what gets me is how guys will shoot at sound. There was a guy killed this year....a young guy if i remember right, like 19-25yo.....he was walking through the woods and trying to clear some brush and another hunter heard him trying to get through a clump of thick shit, couldn't see anything but assumed it was a deer, and shoots towards the sound....ends up not only hitting the kid but killing him.

It seems crazy when stuff like that happens considering how bad of shots most hunters are.....look at how difficult it is for these same type of guys to put a deer on the ground. They can't kill a deer that's standing broadside in a clearing at a hundred yards out.....

....yet these same dipshits are the ones who somehow make miracle shots to go through brush and kill someone.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:58 pm

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/cri ... lice-chief

Not totally sure on the specifics but I think he just launched a bullet over a hill like a complete piece of chit. Sad thing is, the shooter was a felony sex offender so not only should have been in possession of gun, he maybe shouldn’t have even been alive.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:47 pm

The most dangerous people in my mind with a gun are the guys that only deer hunt a few days a year.

I love reading the full page of the cuffs n collars section in the outdoor news the few weeks after gun season.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:03 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/crime-and-courts/7132218-Hunter-gets-6-years-in-prison-for-accidental-shooting-death-of-ex-Lake-Park-police-chief

Not totally sure on the specifics but I think he just launched a bullet over a hill like a complete piece of chit. Sad thing is, the shooter was a felony sex offender so not only should have been in possession of gun, he maybe shouldn’t have even been alive.

Shitty.....not just shitty, but extra shitty.

How big of an asshole am I for thinking,

"Unsurprisingly, this incident took place on a rez,"

When reading the article?

I'd say I'm less of an asshole for labeling it as an "incident" versus the assholes who called it an "accident."

I've experienced two hunting accidents, both while upland hunting, one in Iowa for pheasants, one in MN grouse hunting....the latter of the two I still have pellets in me from getting shot in 2015. The other one....the one I was on the hunt but wasn't the guy who got shot....things ended up far worse than for myself.

Hunting accidents can happen and actually be accidents. The one where my brother shot my cousin.....I would say that everyone was being very careful that day, and at no point of the hunt did anyone in our large party feel that someone else wasn't practicing all the rules of gun/hunting safety, whether we're talking the stuff that's written down or the common sense more nuanced ones that aren't.

What took place was like winning the loser version of the PowerBall. The amount of things that had to converge so perfectly in the worst possible ways to result in the situation that went down......it's enough to mind **** yourself with when you sit and think about it, which everyone there that day still does on occasion.

One step. In a day full of walking countless steps....where you're walking at a brisk pace but need to slow down to get through some thick shit, or go sideways a bit because a dog is getting birds, or kneeling down to tie your boot lace that's loose and about to come undone, or in the case of my cousin....stopping to light another smoke....all the little things that can slow down or change your steps in a day of pheasant hunting....and if he had arrived to where he got shot by one step behind the pace he got there....one step delayed or altered.....if he had been one step shy of the last step he took......it wouldn't have been his last.

The hunting accidents I've experienced were hunting accidents....as in actual accidents where I feel confident that if 99.9% of hunters were put in the same exact scenarios.....the results would be the same. It wasn't a matter of gross negligence by anyone that caused the accidents........when you hunt a lot....the more you hunt the more likely you're going to wind up in a similar, flukey situation that's most to all caused by a lot of bad luck conspiring against you at once.

A felon who is committing another felony by not only having a gun in their possession, but to be discharging it haphazardly in the air, to supposedly try to scare up a fawn that bedded down, that he wouldn't have a license of a tag to put on it even if his "plan" worked......

.....that's not an accident. That's a dipshit criminal committing more crimes.

I sincerely hope that shit like that doesn't get recorded and count as a "hunting accident" by whomever compiles those such stats.

It's not a hunting accident....the guy isn't a legal hunter out hunting.....so by definition it's not a hunting accident. Everything about it is criminal. If a CO happened to check this guy earlier in the day? He would've been arrested and taken into custody.

Again, by definition he's not a hunter. You or I get checked? They mail us a ticket as the absolute worst case scenario....whereas this guy would've been cuffed and collared.

It bugs me when dipshits like the felon are referred to as hunters, and is typical media bullshit. They see no issue with calling this guy a hunter because his actions are the same as any other hunter.....we're all just a bunch of dipshit criminals who like to point guns over the horizon and belligerently pull the trigger.

Tomato---Tomatoe
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:06 pm

Thanks for the legal explanation

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:56 pm

I dunno id worry about putting rifles in the hands of members of my hunting party in SE MN. I worry enough to want to have like a safety meeting opening night of camp next year. It's amazing guys think a slug will kill a deer at 200 yards but then have zero thought about shooting at a deer on a crest of a hill and how far that slug can go beyond the target.

Coupled with the fact none of them can sit still and constantly wander around...not shooting from a stationary position where you know where everyone is.

I feel happy we lost access to a bunch of our land and can no longer do drives

We've had one or two close calls and I just cringe. Hate thinking about it. Honestly would be happier not gun hunting deer at all

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”