h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Green energy irony

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:27 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Another thing I just heard about not long ago...maybe some of you know more. But the giant wind turbine blades are made from fiberglass that can't be reused/recycled need to be replaced every so many years and end up in landfill?
Any truth to this one? f

Yep
All over the news 2 yrs ago. 25 yr life span
it was REAL easy to find if you use google search Photo is in WY
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... -landfills
Attachments
bl.jpg
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Green energy irony

Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:31 pm

Electric cars are "so green" man.....look at how green they turn the landscape....oh wait, they turn green landscapes the opposite of green.

Screenshot_20220114-131630_Maps.jpg

P.S. I'm pro-industry & pro-mining....in most cases. The BWCA is already a much bigger industry and it's not short term, compared to what the proposed copper-nickel-sulfide mining.

I don't have a hard opinion one way or the other in regards to MN mining. I've been fishing and recreating in Cuyuna SRA since I was six....so well before it was even the state park it essentially is.....

So mining was pretty fukcing sweet for the environment in the case of creating the number one mountain biking attraction in the world....

....but I realize sulfide mining is different and has a much worse track record....so not trying to rile anyone up on the issue.

I simply enjoy the irony being pointed out too....
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”