Would you hunt the teal season in Sept if offered in MN?

Yes, definately
55%
Yes likley I would go
13%
Maybe I'd hunt them
13%
No I'd pass
19%

Total votes: 31
Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Would you hunt the teal season in Sept if offered in MN?

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:15 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Does it matter? What the politician did was plain wrong then and still is.

As far as the teal season goes no, not really. As far as your credibility goes, yes, it matters if you are not telling the truth. Is what Trigger said true? Were you born in 1958?

I'm betting it is.
h2ofwlr wrote:Where I hunted while motoring back to the landing on the 2nd day, I saw lots of dead floating ducks of non legal species during the Teal season.

In 1965 you would have been 6, possibly 7 if your birthday is before September. What 6 or 7 year old is motoring their boat back to the landing on the second day of the season?
h2ofwlr wrote:Some of us are still upset. But most of us that remember '68 and were vocal about it are now gone....

By saying "us" you are including yourself in this group. Care to explain how you were "vocal" in opposition to the USFWS for not allowing a teal season for the Northern states in 1968, as a 9 or 10 year old? Did you write letters to your representatives in crayons?

The way you re-tell what happened you purposely make it sound like you were 30 years old in 1968. Are you some 55 to 58 year old pretending to be older to make yourself the elder statesman on a duck hunting site to impress the kids?

That's really the only thing that makes sense when looking at the dates and doing the math.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Serious question, is the 50% attempt rate a documented fact? If so does that trump speculation of what happened by guys who weren't alive.back then? Is a 6 or 12 or whatever year olds eyewitness account less meaningful than that of someone not alive at the time the first teal season happened? Either way I'm for the teal season, if the "real" opener is slow I'm OK with that.

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Also, are there any senior members of this sight who were alive and took part in the first hunt, even as children, who have a different account of what happened. I'm assuming others here were also there and it would.be good to get another account.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:25 am

Watch out Al, the lynch-mob mentality is coming out, I sure hope they don't tar and feather you for being too young...... :lol: ........this early teal season is getting serious.... :lol: .....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Lars30
Coot Commander

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:50 am

So a quick question and maybe I missed it.... But does it cut into our 60 day or is it a special added on season?
Call em in and take em out

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:52 am

Lars30 wrote:So a quick question and maybe I missed it.... But does it cut into our 60 day or is it a special added on season?

I don't think it cuts into 60 day.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:49 am

9manfan wrote:Watch out Al, the lynch-mob mentality is coming out, I sure hope they don't tar and feather you for being too young...... :lol: ........this early teal season is getting serious.... :lol: .....

Jesus. Lynch mob? Going a little over board are we? The only place you can from here is to play the nazi card.

Based off what Al was saying about his very astute observations and references to the great hunting of the 50's, how old did you imagine he was during the teal season in Mn? If you say 6, I will be very surprised.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:55 am

Lars30 wrote:So a quick question and maybe I missed it.... But does it cut into our 60 day or is it a special added on season?

No it does not. We would get 60+5 (assuming it's a 5 day season). The southern states get 60+16 for their early teal season. Kentucky and Tennessee have 60+5, but they also shoot wood ducks during the early season.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:14 am

Trigger wrote:
9manfan wrote:Watch out Al, the lynch-mob mentality is coming out, I sure hope they don't tar and feather you for being too young...... :lol: ........this early teal season is getting serious.... :lol: .....

Jesus. Lynch mob? Going a little over board are we? The only place you can from here is to play the nazi card.

Based off what Al was saying about his very astute observations and references to the great hunting of the 50's, how old did you imagine he was during the teal season in Mn? If you say 6, I will be very surprised.

I really don't care how old Al is or was during the the first teal season back in the 60's....... :roll: .......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:24 am

h2ofwlr wrote:Does it matter?

Yes, it does.

It just confirms that everything you "claim" as fact, is pure bullsiht.
Dominate The Skies.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”