lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Re: Drought

Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:31 pm

Fish Felon wrote:The previous record low year shown for about a month prior until today was 1988.

Shit is getting low......

Get low get low get low.....get low get low get low......from the window to the wall! To the sweat drips off my balls!

IMG_20210629_180322590.jpg

So low I had to grab this 20-25 flathead by hand and put it back in the river.
IMG_20210629_180322590.jpg

IMG_20210629_180315811.jpg

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:17 pm

Niiiice! There's your good deed for the day....well done.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Drought

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:32 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Niiiice! There's your good deed for the day....well done.
I threw about a dozen clams back into the river too. I need to go back and get the 15 or so channel cats out of there in the am. I need a net for them things.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:42 pm

lickmyvowels wrote:[quote="Fish Felon"]Niiiice! There's your good deed for the day....well done.
I threw about a dozen clams back into the river too. I need to go back and get the 15 or so channel cats out of there in the am. I need a net for them things.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk[/quote]
[THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:47 pm

Funny you should mention it because as much as I ranted about how stupid the DNR was for wasting a bunch of money on their "clam team" that puts hatchery raised clams in stretches of river they've gone extinct in....

.....I still peel every zebe off a native mussel I find like this one hoping to save it (and kill the zebes).
Screenshot_20210629-223459_Gallery.jpg

The channels could get tricky....a net would definitely be the way to go. Hopefully you've got an old pair of leather work gloves you don't care if they get ruined otherwise.....the ones up here will stab you, the little ones especially. You'll be holding them pulling the hook, have them held right, thinking they've chilled out, and a lot of them will pull some pretty crafty moves to contort themselves where they whip their stingers back like a knife.

As I was recalling that story I remembered the worst place I've ever seen them do that....

...the Minnesota by New Ulm. The chick I was dating at the time from Gaylord and I camped at Flandrau SP for my birthday, and fishing the river I've never had so many little channels get me. It got to the point where I'd just cut it and re-tie a new hook because I didn't want to hold the fukcers. They got me enough times to where I got off the water with swollen and achy hands. It hurt to type still on Monday when back in the office. Shit was nuts on the MN out there.

Never bring a knife to a gun fight, and never show up with bare hands to a knife fight....and those little channels out there are definitely knife fighting SOB's.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Drought

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:52 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Funny you should mention it because as much as I ranted about how stupid the DNR was for wasting a bunch of money on their "clam team" that puts hatchery raised clams in stretches of river they've gone extinct in....

.....I still peel every zebe off a native mussel I find like this one hoping to save it (and kill the zebes).
Screenshot_20210629-223459_Gallery.jpg

The channels could get tricky....a net would definitely be the way to go. Hopefully you've got an old pair of leather work gloves you don't care if they get ruined otherwise.....the ones up here will stab you, the little ones especially. You'll be holding them pulling the hook, have them held right, thinking they've chilled out, and a lot of them will pull some pretty crafty moves to contort themselves where they whip their stingers back like a knife.

As I was recalling that story I remembered the worst place I've ever seen them do that....

...the Minnesota by New Ulm. The chick I was dating at the time from Gaylord and I camped at Flandrau SP for my birthday, and fishing the river I've never had so many little channels get me. It got to the point where I'd just cut it and re-tie a new hook because I didn't want to hold the fukcers. They got me enough times to where I got off the water with swollen and achy hands. It hurt to type still on Monday when back in the office. Shit was nuts on the MN out there.

Never bring a knife to a gun fight, and never show up with bare hands to a knife fight....and those little channels out there are definitely knife fighting SOB's.
I'm immune to local channel and bullhead bacteria. Now if I go north and get wacked by one I will bleed like a stuck pig and it burns for days.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:06 am

USA thru June
Attachments
current_usdm.jpg
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:13 am

Look at the statistics. 1 yr ago in MN we had 19% in a drought, now it's 82%

We can all blame it on Hansen as for years he's been doing the drought dance of we need a major drought.
Attachments
20210629_mn_trd.jpg

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:20 am

And the heat is coming again.
That crap from out west is heading this way. Portland had 114, smashing the old all time hottest record by 5 degrees.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1624918221568.jpg

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:57 pm

Droughts happen, I know it sucks but you also can’t control it. Hunting should be really interesting this fall. Many Medium sized WPA’s will have zero water or have a larger mud flat. If you have water you’ll have a shitload of ducks. Western MN is cooked, probably not many viable corn fields around either.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”