GK1
Coot Commander

Re: Vikings 2019

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Let him play. Set him loose. Only chance they have.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:33 am

GK1 wrote:Let him play. Set him loose.

Are you referring to Cousins?

The only one holding him back---is him.

Excerpt from a Washington Post article dated September 20th, 2019.

He’s [Cousins] already thrown three interceptions this season, and has missed several open receivers for would-be touchdowns. Carlin asked Gruden if he gets the sense that Cousins is thinking too much on the field, rather than relying on instinct.

“There could be some truth to that,” Gruden said. “I think sometimes he presses a little bit. He wants to be perfect all the time and it’s not a position where you’re going to be perfect all the time. That’s just point-blank. You’re not going to be perfect every play at the quarterback position in the NFL. We’ve seen that from some of the great ones in the history of the league, so you’ve got to just relax and play and have some fun doing it. He’s just stressing out a little bit too much, I think we’re putting a lot of pressure on him. I think you just got to go back to old school and play the game, and enjoy playing it and love playing it, and I think everybody will react to him and play better around him.”

Cousins still fukcing sucks. Barring the chance he can play as good as he did against the Eagles for every game from here on out.....

....scratch what I almost said.

There is no way I'm going to view Cousins as anything other than what he is---a choker.

The Real Kirk Cousins will show up for every big game. Always Has---Always Will. Until he's on the podium and hoisting the Lombardi trophy at the end of a season....until then?

Show Me
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:36 am

Diggs:

Good for him for having the confidence to go, "There's truth to all rumors."

Translation:

"Throw me the fukcing ball!"

Between Cousins, Thielen, and Diggs, there is a boatload of money....most of it guaranteed....to compensate players for what they've been able to do, and what's expected for them to do, in order to contribute to this team's success.

Diggs signed a long term contract with the understanding he was going to be a focal point of this offense and along with Thielen form the best receiver duo in the league. Guys want to get paid but guys want to play.....actively play....not get the amount of targets Treadwell was getting while with the team.

Whether Zilmmer likes it or not, he's already committed to having an offense that predicates a pass first, pass-heavy, and pick up the subsequent rushing yards successfully throwing the ball downfield will create. Teams don't invest a shitload of money on acquiring the a free agent quarterback with the highest annual, all-guaranteed contract in league history, and then lock up their star receiver duo by also signing them to high-dollar, high cap hit contracts.......

.....and then decide they're going to implement a rush-first offense, because that would truly be fukcing retarded. It would have been retarded to do that in 1989, and it's especially retarded in the 2019 NFL.

Winning teams can run the ball....key word being "can." No one says you can't win four or five games a year by slowing it down and grinding it out after that's the way the game's style of play was dictated. Postseason teams need to be able to run the ball....in addition to the prerequisite ability to throw it short, mid, deep, out of the slot, over the middle, and every other possible way there is since it's 2019 and that's how the game is played.

You're not being a diva if you're right. Diggs put on the most impressive performance yesterday of any receiver in purple since Moss. Thielen and Diggs both have proven time and time again, if Cousins would just fukcing listen to them, and everyone else there is, to throw them the ball and trust in their ability to make plays....they will.

I hate Cousins. The guy is way too worried about his stats. He'd rather hold onto the ball and get sacked then throw it away and affect his completion percentage. Twice over, he'd rather do that when he saw the opportunity for a play but chose not to... his unwillingness to take a gamble and let his playmakers do just that....in fear of them not winning the battle throwing into man coverage and having his all-important stat sheet be tarnished from the decision by reflecting an additional interception.

The guy is a phag for playing the game "not-to-lose" instead of trying to win. Every time he takes a snap he's then processing the field and looking to minimize the chances of it resulting in a negative outcome. He's out there playing damage control....or risk management....mitigating the chances of experiencing a loss.....on a play-by-play level that collectively will add up to cumulatively not losing the game.

I used to think it was a pretty big stain on Favre's HOF resume to be the all-time record holder for throwing interceptions, but I've come around to viewing it as just another reason Favre is my all-time favorite QB.

The QB class that Gruden did before coaching the Raiders again came up on my YouTube recommendations....the episode with Favre. I wasn't expecting much but it was great.....someone with the Vikes need to sit Cousins down and make him watch it a couple times a week. The way he played yesterday maybe they did?

Favre had the best arm ever, and would attempt to make throws coaches universally tell all QB's to never attempt. He'd try them because he knew he could make him, and more often than not did.....the times he didn't? Usually ended with the ball going the other way.

But if you're losing, and it's convincingly, then as a QB you're going to have make some challenging throws through some tight windows against a good defense that is already well on it's way to kicking your ass. You're going to have to let receivers battle for some balls....you're going to have to try some throws you normally wouldn't in order to win the game.

Favre threw the majority of his record number of picks trying to win games. He wasn't throwing them up 28-10 halfway through the third quarter....he was throwing them being down 28-10 halfway through the third quarter....he threw them trying to find ways to win games......because he played to win.....he was going to roll the dice on whatever limited chances he had to get back into games and then win them, and he didn't give a shit if he ultimately ended up losing a game he was already going to lose with three picks in his post-game stat lines.......

......because playing conservatively in a game you're getting your ass kicked in order to protect your personal stats doesn't make you look good.....it makes you look like a total fukcing pussy who isn't able to understand that numbers and stats don't matter when you play any game.... the only thing that matters is getting a "W."

Favre would have finished the Bears game in Chicago this year with four picks.....

.....or if the ball bounces the other way on a couple of those throws? There's a damn good chance he and the Vikes hobble off the field with a 19-16 win after the Bears's defense planted lick after lick on them all game.

Because that's how good teams find ways to be great teams and why the Vikings will not win it all this year....even if things click and they get rolling and be as good as they can be.....because that ceiling is lowered by having a pussy for a QB who is going to choke on any big stage he gets to play in....since he won't be trying to look like a bad ass and win......he'll be trying not look bad and not lose the game.

I just absolutely fukcing hate Cousins. I'd temper any excitement based on one game. He's a cake eater from Edina type....it wasn't fire in his belly you saw him playing with, just a small chip on his shoulder.....he'll revert to who he is sooner than later.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Yay. We won one.

4 & 2?

Not even halfway through the season.

Seems a lot of people were coming the Twinkies 2nd coming of baseball glory long before the All Start Break.....

One game of doing what you're supposed doesn't quite will a season......

..... It's the Ponder effect: dishes of brilliance that make you think, "Maybe!".... but if there's no end game it's just occasional dishes of icing with no cake

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:38 pm

This is it!! Super bowl, homeboy!!

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:14 pm

Stute Slap wrote:This is it!! Super bowl, homeboy!!

Yep, today I rented the Community Center in my small town for the Super Bowl........ :D
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:22 pm

If the Bikes WIN the Superbowl I told the kids we get a dog....

.... I'd even be comfortable enough to make the bet "if they make it TO the Super Bowl.

Hey, TO the NFC Championship game.

I'm likely still getting a dog, but you know, dad things.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Are they winning? Is it affecting you?
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:27 pm

Well.....5-2.....it's amazing how better a team's can look based on a single game swinging one way or the other. Lions win and being 4-3?
Vikes are a mediocre team hoping they'll be in the hunt for a wild card. But 5-2? It makes them legit.

The Lions are a good team. They've been legitimately robbed two wins by the officials. Kansas City would have lost in Detroit had the refs not overturned a called TD, that was an obvious TD....not even questionable and even if it was, it has to be blatant to be overturned. Then they gave the game Monday night to Green Bay with two awful calls that kept a drive going and put them ahead at the end of the game.

Lions are legit but they're the Lions....even when they're good they're still bad.

Good win, but I'm worried about our boy Thielen....great catch....worrisome injury....hammys can linger.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:29 pm

emptymag wrote:Are they winning? Is it affecting you?

Nope. Other than as entertainment.....just like most television shows I guess, but with a lot more cultural significance and thus importance.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”