HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Re: Coronavirus

Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:37 pm

First 3 cases of community spread in Minnesota confirmed a few minutes ago. We are off to the races now with no slowing down, nor end in sight. See you all on the other side...one way or another.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:15 pm

Yep, cases almost doubled overnight to 35 too.

Italy is f'd...look at their cases per million and their death rate is like 7.5%. They locked down way too late. They are warning their hospital system could collapse. They are basically just writing off the elderly at this point and trying to save younger people

The way US cases keep rising...I don't know. Will they attempt a lockdown? Not forcefully quarantine people but close everything else so people don't have anywhere to go? I don't think they can get away doing a forceful quarantine here which may be detrimental...but I dunno we'll see desperate times call for desperate measures.

Us should be over 10k cases by end of the work week this is a very pivotal time in this whole mess

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:17 pm

Forgot, presidential address starts at 4 I'll be tuning in see what the sentiment is for this week's stockcapades

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:56 pm

Jesus futures limited down on the fed cut news and are halted for the evening

It seems us is trying to follow south Korean strategy of extensive testing and taking those positive out of population vs quarantines.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Need to follow the South Korea model, most effective so far: Test, remove from population. You have a fever, go over there and your family goes home for 14 days....

source: ABC News

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 6.37.16 PM.png

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:38 pm

HnkrCrash wrote:First 3 cases of community spread in Minnesota confirmed a few minutes ago. We are off to the races now with no slowing down, nor end in sight. See you all on the other side...one way or another.

It was nice knowing you bro.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:51 pm

"my brother and I used to say that drowning in beer was like like heaven, eh? now he's not here and I've got two soakers.... this isn't heaven, this sucks!"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:01 pm

Saw my first concerned citizen with a surgical mask on today at the park...some kid on one of those handleless battery operated scooters holding a plywood shield banging on it with a stick I assume was supposed to be a sword... LMAO.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:03 am

This map is the best resource for stats. Still holding around 3.5% mortality rate, likely really high with lack of testing.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:24 am

Hansen wrote:This map is the best resource for stats. Still holding around 3.5% mortality rate, likely really high with lack of testing.

Ultimately, it's not going to be how many die as a % of total infections, but how many require ICU and other in hospital support.

We are still planning a Florida run but actively monitoring. Florida Health released a list of gender/age: I'd guess about 90% of the cases in Florida involve International Travel and 80% are people over 60.

The focus on effects of "most people" and the total deaths as a % of infections are straw men in determining the outcomes of the virus. Death Rate is also higher due to piss poor management: Living Care Center was not testing employees because the protocol was to only test people with symptoms. At one point, over half the deaths in Washington were from that one facility.

If it was simple as "we'll get it eventually", no big deal. But here's the thing with statistics: they are used to forecast how many hospital beds, ventilators, etc.

We can compare the death rate to the flu all day. But that's typically a known factor with a predictable baseline. Covid-19 has no baseline.

Heart attacks, population mortality, car accidents, births, gang banger shootings, etc..... everything is forecast into health care demand curves.

Drop 200,000 unanticipated ICU cases on hospitals in the month of June- that crushes the demand curve.

Somewhere between the States and the Feds need to be mobilizing for that affect.

No one gives a sh!t if you and I get Covid- 19, and no one that makes decisions knows who H20Fwlr is..... but they do care about the statistical likelihood he's going to end up in ICU if he contracts Covid- 19.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”