lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Drought

Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:34 am

Nershi wrote:How does heat effect muskies?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If I ever catch one I’ll let you know. Skittish lil critters this year.
I was marking them with the side imaging way way outside the weeds.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Drought

Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:55 pm

So wack is my precious trout trip needs to be cancelled. Big fight with my gf cause I basically need a trip to involve fishing but I don’t want to admit this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:25 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:So wack is my precious trout trip needs to be cancelled. Big fight with my gf cause I basically need a trip to involve fishing but I don’t want to admit this.

Why? Why not admit it?

There's always ways to tie in fishing to a trip. I like fishing for what the local regular dudes fish for. Let's say you're going to FL for instance....I'd rather fish for snook off the side of the freeway with the locals while wearing a dirty wife beater and walking in with a sixer of Tecate hanging from the belt than hop on a charter with a guide.

I'm not knocking you for it but I'd personally never hire a guide. Unless I was trying to learn a new skill....something completely foreign......like fly fishing if I didn't know anyone who does it. Even then fly fishing isn't that tough to learn to a competency level high enough to successfully catch fish.

I guess if the only option to get out fishing was to hire a guide.....if I was going somewhere for several days and didn't have the option to bring any fishing gear.

I'd hire a guide in order to get out fishing....not because I expected to catch a bunch of fish by hiring a guide.....if that makes any sense to you.

I'd still try to find someone online who's a local and willing to take me out.....offer to cover gas, bait, and beer....or offer a swap if they ever make it here.

I don't fully understand why your trip got canceled. Is it because fishing will be bad? Of is it because of some gay trout fishing ethos your guide has where catching trout in low rivers with warmer than average temps isn't ethical?

Is the fishing the entirety of the trip? As in you're going for a week and booked a package week long guided trip through an outfitter where that literally is the trip? Food, lodging, everything is through them?

Or are you trying to go fishing for a day on a trip out West you're taking with the girlfriend?
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:40 am

I don't want to admit it because then she can lord "we only go on vacations for fishing, you owe me x" for the rest of our lives.

I'd be totally fine not getting a guide, it might take me a day or two to figure out the fish, but I'd be able to do it. The problem is, when you're fishing with a girl, you don't get to take a day or two to figure things out. They want action, and if they don't get it right away, they disengage. I ONLY take my girlfriend fishing spots I have fished before and are currently producing. I do NOT explore new waters with her. Ever.

We didn't book a package with guide, we are just staying at an Air BnB. I'm sure some of it is the gay trout ethos, but its not just that, the states and park service actually shut down rivers to fishing. It's crowded as sh!t out there, so it would make people even more concentrated on what's left open. I didn't plan on spending a ton of time on the famous rivers anyways, but I def would like to get away from people.

I'm trying to go fishing multiple days on a trip out west. I'm sure plenty of conflict will arise between me and my gf about how fishing we do.

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:19 am

Missing out on all the rain again...

Man this is turning out to be the chittiest mushroom season I've ever had.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:42 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:I don't want to admit it because then she can lord "we only go on vacations for fishing, you owe me x" for the rest of our lives.

I'd be totally fine not getting a guide, it might take me a day or two to figure out the fish, but I'd be able to do it. The problem is, when you're fishing with a girl, you don't get to take a day or two to figure things out. They want action, and if they don't get it right away, they disengage. I ONLY take my girlfriend fishing spots I have fished before and are currently producing. I do NOT explore new waters with her. Ever.

We didn't book a package with guide, we are just staying at an Air BnB. I'm sure some of it is the gay trout ethos, but its not just that, the states and park service actually shut down rivers to fishing. It's crowded as sh!t out there, so it would make people even more concentrated on what's left open. I didn't plan on spending a ton of time on the famous rivers anyways, but I def would like to get away from people.

I'm trying to go fishing multiple days on a trip out west. I'm sure plenty of conflict will arise between me and my gf about how fishing we do.

Gotcha. Where's the air bnb you booked located? Someone might be able to offer suggestions for alternatives. Whether it's the Black Hills, MT, WY, pretty much anywhere out West where there's good trout waters....there's usually a hell of a reservoir within 2-3 hours where there's good to great fishing that's unique on it's own, but especially when compared to what we're used to in MN.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:20 pm

Fish Felon wrote:[quote="Drunk_Dynasty"]I don't want to admit it because then she can lord "we only go on vacations for fishing, you owe me x" for the rest of our lives.

Gotcha. Where's the air bnb you booked located? Someone might be able to offer suggestions for alternatives. Whether it's the Black Hills, MT, WY, pretty much anywhere out West where there's good trout waters....there's usually a hell of a reservoir within 2-3 hours where there's good to great fishing that's unique on it's own, but especially when compared to what we're used to in MN.[/quote]

The Air BnB is Gallatin Gateway, basically Bozeman.

I think fishing will be okay, looking at some of the higher elevation streams, temps will be fine. But all the fat fu(ks that normally do float trips are gonna be there too. GAY.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:42 pm

MN falls deep into drought....jumping 40 drought points in a single week bringing it's drought score up from 193 to 233.

h2ofwlfr's prediction reaches full prophecy status.

Screenshot_20210709-163748_Chrome.jpg

ND has the drought slightly loosen it's grip and drop their score down to 355.

Screenshot_20210709-163856_Chrome.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:05 pm

Great!

Lakes for the win!

There’s still millions of ducks in the flyway that have to get from Canada to the coasts.

Positivity is gonna change this culture. When you come duck hunting with me (and PJ) positivity’s gonna hit ya in the face. ROW THE BOAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:47 pm

I was gonna go check out our pond this weekend but probably go do some work at moms house. Curious how much it's dropped. I really need to practice with the bow too now that the cattails may not be all flooded the deer may come back in force now that their bedding will be available. Got high hopes this year for bow hunting even though I'll probably suck. Probably not next weekend either but maybe the weekend after. Need to do some work on the blind and the path out there... would like to get dad out there he hasn't gone in many years.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”