Mergie Marauder

Re: Coronavirus

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:04 am

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:23 am

"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:41 am

With curfews going into effect I'm still trying to figure out if an emergency service company like mine, or like plumbers etc are held to the restrictions. Man I hope so if the curfews spread nationwide.

They aren't being real clear in other states who's exempt who's held etc I don't know if it's really gonna be enforced that stringently

There's also a scramble in my industry to identify people able/willing to go in and clean this stuff up. We don't even know if our ins CO's provide coverage to us for performing this type of work lol f that unless I get answers

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:32 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:With curfews going into effect I'm still trying to figure out if an emergency service company like mine, or like plumbers etc are held to the restrictions. Man I hope so if the curfews spread nationwide.

They aren't being real clear in other states who's exempt who's held etc I don't know if it's really gonna be enforced that stringently

There's also a scramble in my industry to identify people able/willing to go in and clean this stuff up. We don't even know if our ins CO's provide coverage to us for performing this type of work lol f that unless I get answers

What's the hourly on this?

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:38 pm

If you gotta ask.......
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:17 pm

lanyard wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:With curfews going into effect I'm still trying to figure out if an emergency service company like mine, or like plumbers etc are held to the restrictions. Man I hope so if the curfews spread nationwide.

What's the hourly on this?

Employee pay or charge for service lol. I actually haven't seen much guidance yet there's still a scramble to disseminate material on how to properly tackle this work, requirements, correct products to use, etc. I'm getting about 5-10 emails per day regarding bthis from various sources

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:11 pm

^^^^^ I'm a licensed Certified Food Protection Manager in MN. Clean and Sanitize with Quats and Bleach. If this is really being hammered with a 60% hand sanitizer it's weaker than Norovirus or Hep A.

The problem right now with Corona, it's like I said to my kid: If there was a 30% chance you'd walk down to the mail box and get sick, but didn't KNOW it, you'd walk down to the mail box and get the mail. But if I told you, "There's a 30% chance you get sick if you go get the mail....", you're probably not getting the mail.

We accept Norovirus because it's been around forever. Your stomach flu? Norovirus! NOT a Flu virus.

If there's bank to be made, let's go. I'm also HACCP certified, have done a ton of crap with OSHA and things like asbestos, etc.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:16 pm

Well there goes restaurants, bars, fitness clubs, etc. Stock up on booze it's gonna be a long couple weeks lol

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:11 pm

lanyard wrote:^^^^^ I'm a licensed Certified Food Protection Manager in MN. Clean and Sanitize with Quats and Bleach. If this is really being hammered with a 60% hand sanitizer it's weaker than Norovirus or Hep A.

The problem right now with Corona, it's like I said to my kid: If there was a 30% chance you'd walk down to the mail box and get sick, but didn't KNOW it, you'd walk down to the mail box and get the mail. But if I told you, "There's a 30% chance you get sick if you go get the mail....", you're probably not getting the mail.

We accept Norovirus because it's been around forever. Your stomach flu? Norovirus! NOT a Flu virus.

If there's bank to be made, let's go. I'm also HACCP certified, have done a ton of crap with OSHA and things like asbestos, etc.

Let's see lol, starting with the legalities and ins side of things. Without having specific bioremediation training for like suicide, meth labs etc the liability may be too much or they may not extend coverage. So that's # 1

I know Minnesota department of health requires a pesticide license to spray any product if you are advertising to kill microorganisms...this may be one of the larger hangups unless they temporarily do away with this stupid law that is there for no other reason than to collect fees. I know this because I had one for a while before I let it lapse due to finding a loophole to allow me to do mold remediation without advertising I was killing stuff lol...if that makes sense

I'm looking into it lol

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:51 pm

Being a contract Exec/GM/Strategic manager in food got a lot less lucrative today.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”