lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: The Big Push!

Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:33 pm

Bailey wrote:
lanyard wrote:Can't be any different than launching out of Birchdale on Rainy River in Spring :-)

Talked to a buddy that deer things by Appleton, MN. Exact words, "In 47 years I've never seen so many ducks."

His family started me into duck hunting and I don't take his statement as exaggeration.

Friday I let Bluebills fly over for the fact it was one of the coolest moments I've experienced outdoors. Literally standing in a freaking Redlin painting.

For what this season wasn't in numbers for me it has been memorable. Great hunts with family and friends, and rejoicing in the memories made from hunting in solitude.

319 days to Duck Opener 2018.

Well then Marsh Lake should of been on complete fire late last week.

If guys weren't shooting birds on Marsh last week then that lake has truly taken a huge turd.

When Landwere came in there were a lot of changes: 1/2 hour before sunrise opener, 3 woodies, 2 hen mallards, etc. ALL of that was nixed before he got in... then he got the Splits, which was literally ground breaking for Minnesota Waterfowl Management. But even the first year people were saying, "Should not be South Zone, should be SE Zone." My guess is they tossed the whole South in due to some agency/state level contact that complained to Gov. Mumbles, or just found the committee could agree 1/3, 1/3, 1/3.

Landwere is in a tough spot. His boss will be out in 2 years, so he will likely be ousted also. We can bitch now, but wait until your DNR Commish is a paved bike trail riding, city lake kayaker that thinks we need yoga parks and and Wild Friends Viewing Blinds on your favorite WMAs.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:30 pm

lanyard wrote:
Bailey wrote:
lanyard wrote:Can't be any different than launching out of Birchdale on Rainy River in Spring :-)

Talked to a buddy that deer things by Appleton, MN. Exact words, "In 47 years I've never seen so many ducks."

His family started me into duck hunting and I don't take his statement as exaggeration.

Friday I let Bluebills fly over for the fact it was one of the coolest moments I've experienced outdoors. Literally standing in a freaking Redlin painting.

For what this season wasn't in numbers for me it has been memorable. Great hunts with family and friends, and rejoicing in the memories made from hunting in solitude.

319 days to Duck Opener 2018.

Well then Marsh Lake should of been on complete fire late last week.

If guys weren't shooting birds on Marsh last week then that lake has truly taken a huge turd.

When Landwere came in there were a lot of changes: 1/2 hour before sunrise opener, 3 woodies, 2 hen mallards, etc. ALL of that was nixed before he got in... then he got the Splits, which was literally ground breaking for Minnesota Waterfowl Management. But even the first year people were saying, "Should not be South Zone, should be SE Zone." My guess is they tossed the whole South in due to some agency/state level contact that complained to Gov. Mumbles, or just found the committee could agree 1/3, 1/3, 1/3.

Landwere is in a tough spot. His boss will be out in 2 years, so he will likely be ousted also. We can bitch now, but wait until your DNR Commish is a paved bike trail riding, city lake kayaker that thinks we need yoga parks and and Wild Friends Viewing Blinds on your favorite WMAs.

Put it to you this way when I was coming back from South Dakota last Friday and driving thorough correll I saw dump trucks full of mallards coming from the Marsh Lake access road. I heard so many ducks were shot the hunters simply could not fit them in their trucks anymore.

I will say this the previous Saturday on my drive out there were ducks hunters everywhere in Appleton, and I mean everywhere. I saw dozens of them. It must have been a mallard smack down.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Well that sucked, didn't get any hunting in took too long to break the 1" of ice to get decoys out

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:50 pm

All afternoon over the din of distant leaf blowers I could hear tundra Swans and when I looked up they were heading SE.

Upper Red lake this morning at Rogers. This should be a tell tale sign of what's going on across N MN right now
Attachments
url.jpg
Last edited by h2ofwlr on Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: The Big Push!

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:52 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:All afternoon over the din of distant leaf blowers I could hear tundra Swans and when I looked up they were heading SE.
I saw some here too.

Lots of geese flying today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Talked to a contact at Bemidji, still open mid and large lakes. He thinks he has a shit yet to hunt this weekend but his confidence is slipping.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:07 pm

I bring you satellite evidence of the big push.... Head to the river boys!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1702370466463075&id=200752513291552&fs=5

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:04 pm

Any of you boys hunt fields or no? I love freeze up

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:42 am

Guess you forgot that they initially thought about a se zone and the guys in se mn freaked out saying they would be overrun with hunters when they were the only ones open yet. So never will there be a se zone.

We also had just a north zone and a south zone that first year and for some reason only that first year. South zone only closed for five days after being open for two.

Also the crying for zones came from 2-3 years of mild falls. Guess retards can't remember further than 2-3 years since I've broke ice more years on thanksgiving thank I haven't not to mention I've been ice fishing a good number of years on thanksgiving. Hell people can't even remember that we've froze over before season end every year since the splits have started so saying the dnt should have a public input question about the splits would probably make it even worse with these dumbasses that can't remember what they had for breakfast getting to have any say in it.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:58 am

So when do the splits expire? I still think we will see 45 day seasons within 3 years. 20 years of 60 day season cant last forever. The drought will come and has probably a already started

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”