Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: The Big Push!

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:03 am

gimpfinger wrote:Guess you forgot that they initially thought about a se zone and the guys in se mn freaked out saying they would be overrun with hunters when they were the only ones open yet. So never will there be a se zone.

We also had just a north zone and a south zone that first year and for some reason only that first year. South zone only closed for five days after being open for two.

Also the crying for zones came from 2-3 years of mild falls. Guess retards can't remember further than 2-3 years since I've broke ice more years on thanksgiving thank I haven't not to mention I've been ice fishing a good number of years on thanksgiving. Hell people can't even remember that we've froze over before season end every year since the splits have started so saying the dnt should have a public input question about the splits would probably make it even worse with these dumbasses that can't remember what they had for breakfast getting to have any say in it.

I've broken ice on thanksgiving and I hunted the last day of the season in Iowa one year when it was 62 out. The river backwaters were wide open the last two years on the last day. It's different every year. I started hunting the river cause it stays open later but have seen no increase of hunters due to the splits.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:08 am

The river? Does the river span the southern end of mn? Your post proves what I just said about mn hunters

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:08 am

I don't think we will ever see a 45 day season again, hardly no duck hunters left the way it is, could see a decrease in bag limit to 4 before a shorter season, 5 day split is plenty for southern part of state....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:46 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Any of you boys hunt fields or no? I love freeze up

Have gear, will travel.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:34 pm

The news play of the NWS satelite image: https://www.gomn.com/life/that-isnt-rain-its-migrating-birds

More geese in Chanhassen today. First birds to use the iced over pond in back of the house showed up around lunch.

Those birds on the satelite image came through the metro after Al said they were gone and Bullet said they were still North...... if anyone is keeping track of those sorts of things.... :-)

Even though my personal timing/availability wasn't on track to take advantage of it, nice to see things happen again like they used to.

Gimp, I think the adjustments over the average will show later freeze-ups. The climate change is a bitch. We used to have regular measurable snow for deer hunting and that doesn't happen much any more. This year, so far, has been a throw back.

I don't think we'll see a return to anything other than 60/6. There isn't enough hunters, no matter how crowded your spot is, to worry about it. Will be interesting to see if Denise Anderson writes anything after we keep shooting birds past what, 2020 was it? The worst thing weather wise for ducks in MN right now is the rain that never stopped.

We need some draw down periods. The Dakota's need draw down. I'll take what little chances may or may not open for me the next few weeks.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:57 pm

cstemig wrote:Very few birds along the river south of Hastings tonight. Saw quite a few migrating swans and geese though.

I dropped a nice greenhead just outside of the dekes and left him there, fearing I would bust my hide. A few minutes later a hungry Eagle came by and scooped him up. Cool to watch, but hate losing a bird.

Thats to bad I would of thought North would be hot with Canada freezing.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:59 pm

9manfan wrote:I don't think we will ever see a 45 day season again, hardly no duck hunters left the way it is, could see a decrease in bag limit to 4 before a shorter season, 5 day split is plenty for southern part of state....

Well then the better change their models because duck numbers will crash again. In fact I already think the numbers are bs just to support longer seasons. The feds cook the books imo.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Bailey wrote:20 years of 60 day season cant last forever.

Why can't it? Exactly.

And your "buddy in sd"...is an idiot too.
Dominate The Skies.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:
Bailey wrote:20 years of 60 day season cant last forever.

Why can't it? Exactly.

And your "buddy in sd"...is an idiot too.

Your right was was I thinking. Ducks are in incredible shape and record 100 million duck flights will last forever. Heck they should raise the limit to 8 or 9 a day and 80 day seasons. Start on September 1st with no split. Maybe add in a special spring teal season.

As far as my buddy goese he has a ducks unlimited marsh named after him so when are they going to rename marsh lake Bullet marsh? I know your the king of the world famous marsh lake.. Your probably shooting ducks on your ice skates as we speak at marsh.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:02 pm

lanyard wrote:The news play of the NWS satelite image: https://www.gomn.com/life/that-isnt-rain-its-migrating-birds

More geese in Chanhassen today. First birds to use the iced over pond in back of the house showed up around lunch.

Those birds on the satelite image came through the metro after Al said they were gone and Bullet said they were still North...... if anyone is keeping track of those sorts of things.... :-)

Even though my personal timing/availability wasn't on track to take advantage of it, nice to see things happen again like they used to.

Gimp, I think the adjustments over the average will show later freeze-ups. The climate change is a bitch. We used to have regular measurable snow for deer hunting and that doesn't happen much any more. This year, so far, has been a throw back.

I don't think we'll see a return to anything other than 60/6. There isn't enough hunters, no matter how crowded your spot is, to worry about it. Will be interesting to see if Denise Anderson writes anything after we keep shooting birds past what, 2020 was it? The worst thing weather wise for ducks in MN right now is the rain that never stopped.

We need some draw down periods. The Dakota's need draw down. I'll take what little chances may or may not open for me the next few weeks.

Then the feds should scrap the model and say all seasons will be 60 days from here on out period.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”