HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Re: COVID-19 Stats

Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:21 pm

You are free to believe it’s just a cold, numerous studies don’t back that notion however. I know of no “cold” that is causing Myocarditis in otherwise healthy people (up to 70% of all affected patients according to some peer-reviewed studies). The most recent theories are that Covid is an airborne circulatory disease in some form that causes thrombosis in many patients. Standard protocol for hospitalized patients immediately includes blood thinners and recently Aspirin (blood thinner) has been recommended for all patients regardless of severity. Several factors appear involved in the severity of these issues, but to argue that anyone who dies with/from COVID was going to die within 10 years anyways is simply untrue.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:36 pm

trumpster has brainwashed felon...
official sour toe member number 52,814

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:13 pm

FF, a cold doesn’t put people in the hospital or in ICUs. This isn’t a normal, run of the mill virus. Just ask the front line healthcare workers, who are overwhelmed with it. When is the last time a “cold” killed 240k people in 8-months? There isn’t a chicken soup in the world that can help this virus.

This virus does need to be taken serious. Don’t believe me, then ask the family survivors that have lost someone. Ask those that have been treated in ICUs for long periods. Ask the doctors who now have to triage the influx of new victims, because there isn’t enough ICUs.

Blame for the newest, fast spreading cases can go in numerous directions. The leadership of our country sorely lacked responsibility, compassion, understanding, & direction. Trump was lucky that he had a mild case of it. Do you think he would changed his position if Baron was laying in an ICU?
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:42 pm

Trump left the covid rules up to the states which is the way it should have been. Covid rules in rural states should and did look a lot differently than heavily populated states. If he had tried to come down with rules from fed level you know the msm and the left would have been calling him a fascist dictator and crying for states rights. Just look at how much shit he got for his China travel ban as an example of the hate he would have got from the left. He was really in a no win situation. I think he did some good things with executive orders to help us prepare for it and get a vaccine earlier. Per usual his messaging to the public wasn’t good but he basically followed fauci’s recommendations. I don’t understand people blaming trump for our covid results. My guess is they are just watching too much cnn and getting brainwashed.

Your boy joe was asked what he would have done for the virus if he was president and his response was almost identical to what trump did. His plan going forward is almost the exact same too.

I am constantly surprised how many people want the government to protect them. I don’t want the government to have any rule over me more than is absolutely necessary to live in a free society. If you are scared for yourself or others take the necessary measures to avoid covid but don’t push ridiculous feel good rules on everyone else who wants to keep living their life.

Walrus announced some more rules today that are going to do little to nothing to stop or slow covid. I wish we would have handled it like Wisconsin. They got shutdowns overturned and the sheriffs told them to buzz off with the mask mandate.
Last edited by Nershi on Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

COVID-19 Stats

Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:46 pm

Have you guys looked at hospitalization rates. The curve is uhhh... going one direction, quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by Drunk_Dynasty on Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:51 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Have you guys looked at hospitalization rates. The curve is uhhh... going one direction, quickly.

Yep not looking good. Masks and restrictions on businesses clearly isn’t working.

Should have pulled a Sweden and went for herd immunity in the summer when people could be outside. More and more it is looking like Sweden made the right call. Shutdowns just delayed the inevitable. We’ll get through this.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:11 pm

The difference between Trump & Biden is that Trump tried to downplay it and would not listen to the pandemic experts. He also flaunted his mild case with it, knowing that it killed thousands of others. Biden appears to want to listen to the experts. He seems to be more serious about it.

Would Biden have done anything different? Maybe not, but I don’t think he would have down played it as much as Trump. Trump had all the media coverage and could have done better with it

I agree that the state governors should have taken main lead on this. The Feds. should have done more to support them.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:35 pm

I am glad he down played it. We had enough people telling everyone we are all gonna die and to hole up in their caves. Hindsight he was right by downplaying it. Like I said his messaging wasn’t good but that is expected with trump. But we would have had the same outcome had Biden been in office.

Weren’t the experts saying best case scenario we’d have about 250k dead by fall? Looks like we about hit best case scenario. And I believe the actual deaths from covid to be a lot less than reported.

I’m not a big fan of trump. I just think a majority of the blame on him is unfounded if you turn off your tv and look at the facts.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:39 pm

Nershi wrote:[quote="Drunk_Dynasty"]Have you guys looked at hospitalization rates. The curve is uhhh... going one direction, quickly.

Yep not looking good. Masks and restrictions on businesses clearly isn’t working.

Should have pulled a Sweden and went for herd immunity in the summer when people could be outside. More and more it is looking like Sweden made the right call. Shutdowns just delayed the inevitable. We’ll get through this.[/quote]

Sweden has had a death rate worse than everyone but are still struggling economically, at least from what I’ve read but who knows what the truth really is.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:02 pm

Y'all see what Walzrus put in place today in time for the holidays

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”