maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: The Big Push!

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Nershi wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Any of you boys hunt fields or no? I love freeze up

Have gear, will travel.

See if I have time to find feeds this year with stupid work. Usually last weekend in central zone is incredible

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:02 pm

They ordered much did that when they went to fall surveys for the next year season.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:35 am

Bailey wrote:
Bullet21XD wrote:
Bailey wrote:20 years of 60 day season cant last forever.

Why can't it? Exactly.

And your "buddy in sd"...is an idiot too.

Your right was was I thinking. Ducks are in incredible shape and record 100 million duck flights will last forever. Heck they should raise the limit to 8 or 9 a day and 80 day seasons. Start on September 1st with no split. Maybe add in a special spring teal season.

As far as my buddy goese he has a ducks unlimited marsh named after him so when are they going to rename marsh lake Bullet marsh? I know your the king of the world famous marsh lake.. Your probably shooting ducks on your ice skates as we speak at marsh.

Just as ignorant as ever.

What marsh is named after your "buddy in sd"? I've got a ton of trash in my truck I need to empty out.
Dominate The Skies.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:07 am

The weekend and weeks to come should be good. The big push of mallards is just starting. ;)

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:16 am

Bailey wrote:
As far as my buddy goese he has a ducks unlimited marsh named after him

How big of a donation did it take to make that happen?

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:23 am

Bailey wrote:
9manfan wrote:I don't think we will ever see a 45 day season again, hardly no duck hunters left the way it is, could see a decrease in bag limit to 4 before a shorter season, 5 day split is plenty for southern part of state....

Well then the better change their models because duck numbers will crash again. In fact I already think the numbers are bs just to support longer seasons. The feds cook the books imo.

I seen more ducks this fall than the last 3 years all together, flooded cornfields helped alot, and the divers this last weekend was unbelievable where we were at, if you have what the ducks want they will be there, and if ND and Canada do not go into long extended droughts our duck numbers will always be steady, there just isn't enough hunters left anymore, couple articles I've read lately.....

Number of Minnesota Duck Hunters Down 50% in 30 Years

The DNR's survey revealed that the state had 67,301 duck hunters in 2016, far fewer than the 76,200 in 2015, which led to a decline in the duck harvest from 663,811 in 2015 to 606,458.

if we keep what habitat we have left we will be alright, not much different than Pheasants, terrible nesting in the Dakota's this year and numbers way down, get a good nest next year and the numbers will right back up there.... I doubt we will ever see a 45 day season again or atleast I hope I don't.........
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:27 am

Hansen wrote:The weekend and weeks to come should be good. The big push of mallards is just starting. ;)

Hope to see that Sat. morning........
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:37 am

What ever sticks around through Sat AM should be around another week as 40s from Sat to late next week for S MN.

18 with a 2 degree WC right now for metro.

Bemidji is 4 with a a -15 WC.

Brandon, MB is 1 with a WC of -13 and headed to -3 tonight
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:54 am

h2ofwlr wrote:What ever sticks around through Sat AM should be around another week as 40s from Sat to late next week for S MN.

18 with a 4 degree WC right now.

And the North end of the pond behind my house opened up over night..... the skim ice couldn't get a hold.

Talked to a guy last night showing me pics from Sat - Tues hunting along Hwy 7. He couldn't take any more time off....
Last edited by lanyard on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:56 am

Roost pond is loaded, they will keep it open. No snow around and plenty of food with more corn coming off each day. That equals mallards field shooting until 4-6" of snow pushes them south. Lake Normadale in Bloomington reopened yesterday with the 45 degrees and is pack with honkers. I'm sure most big lakes in Southern MN should be ok after this cold 36 hours. It's super windy so that will help along with thousands of birds keeping the water open. Upper 40's for temps all next week will help.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”