maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Coronavirus

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:02 am

Well got my first oh crap. Gf's co-worker came in contact with someone positive last Fri, he's on quarantine with no symptoms.

I'm not scared of the virus itself but am scared what would happen if I have to go on quarantine when there's no one else to take care of my clients

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:10 am

Nershi wrote:Lanyard I like the idea of using our military resources to battle this. Do you think our government is avoiding that to protect the military from being infected creating a national security issue?

My relative is an officer in the military and on deployment in a domestic base. He said the base is completely shut down. No one allowed in or out. He says it feels like he is in prison. He is getting close to the end of his mission but has concerns his deployment will be extended to keep his troop in quarantine. Can’t bring in replacements because they may be infected.

The balance is to mitigate risk to total force strength:

- we've got a lot of troops deployed overseas

- Would need to activate regionally

- need to limit # of "qualified" health care workers

- need to stop thinking everyone in America needs an individualized care plan and start treating in bulk

- this is infirmary medicine. Get off the ICU high horse and death panels BS. Everyone wants a war on drugs, guns and liberals, but no one is saying War on Coronavirus.

- Start thinking back to how we managed this crap in 1918. It wasn't because everyone had a $50,000 respirator in their pocket

- Bulk treatment and half-ass palliative care doesn't require highly skilled medical professionals. You need people that; a) know how to clean shit; b) can generally function in a command/control environment; c) can get sh!t done. Sorry, but your standard hospital stops at a)

- Move critical cases to functional med facilities

- Commander in Chief needs to take the forced manufacturer action and apply it to every clinic with an MD and Nurse; Orthopedic, Dental, Psychology, Out patient, etc...... stop ALL elective surgery, i.e. hip replacement, and direct resources to Corona Virus.

This is Guns vs Butter economics. Time for us to invest in the Medical Guns and stop thinking "the system" isn't capable of handling this crap. The system has more capacity than we're measuring, it just doesn't want to change how it operates.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:05 pm

They did call cancel a couple procedures I had scheduled next week so they are starting to try and enact some steps to preserve resources. I was gonna cancel anyway not walking into a petri dish

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:14 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:They did call cancel a couple procedures I had scheduled next week so they are starting to try and enact some steps to preserve resources. I was gonna cancel anyway not walking into a petri dish

Heard the first talk of non-critical procedures after my last post. Listened to the news conference until I couldn't anymore. In order of annoying the fukc out of me, first to most:

1) Trump talking- he needs to really stop making sh!t up and congratulating himself. I really liked, "this guy, the FDA, no one's worked harder, except maybe Pence. Well, and Me."..... just get to the phucking point!

2) Pence: there's all these great things happening because you made them happen Mr. President. Gosh your great.... it's like Eddie Phucking Haskel

3) The Press- we already have enough problems going on with the lack of meaningful central command on this, then the effing reporters start asking questions. These mother f'ckers are the dumbest sacks of mobile carbon ever created. Just SHUT UP. My god, "Are you going to have ramifications for China?" What? How about, let's get this sh!t figured out and worry about China around the bend dumb ass. JFC, it's like having a wife that just makes up MORE questions because you didn't have an answer to the other one.

Just got the phone with my cousin, his mom is going into extreme dementia and he's trying to find a memory care facility for her. Dude is at wits end. He had to get an emergency CDC pass to go to her assisted living center to calm her down. Phuck balls.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:24 pm

I just like listening to him talk to reporters I had tears streaming down my face. "You're too close you should leave now" and "maybe clear this room out there's only 2 or 3 of you I like anyway" LMFAO ugh i couldn't breathe

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:36 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:I just like listening to him talk to reporters I had tears streaming down my face. "You're too close you should leave now" and "maybe clear this room out there's only 2 or 3 of you I like anyway" LMFAO ugh i couldn't breathe

X2 , he's the best..............
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:13 pm

Heard from my buddy , whose daughter is in an “artsy” community in San Francisco , that they have a new name for Coronavirus: “Boomer Doomer.”
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:29 pm

Cali also just issued a statewide stay at home order...if you are a non essential business where employees have to show up to work...you have to close. Crazy

Is this the start of a nationwide trend?

Really are incredible times...it's kinda shocking

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:04 pm

When your gf is laying next to you in bed coughing after having a co-worker quarantined this morning
e4810f4608f1ce9f95c4eb14054006c1.jpg
e4810f4608f1ce9f95c4eb14054006c1.jpg (32.88 KiB) Viewed 3605 times

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:17 am

^^^^^ anytime you hear someone cough. Perk up faster than hearing a tree branch crack on a crisp morning in the woods deer hunting, but the reaction is of excitement, more like when Felon has a Tinder date and "her" voice cracks....

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”