Re: Foiles

Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:44 am

That would explain EVERYTHING

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:48 am

Fish Felon wrote:
cstemig wrote:I see waterfowlers as a unique group of sportsmen that care about their actions and conduct.

I wish I shared your sentiment. It's good to know there's still guys like yourself that feel that way.

I'd argue that the only thing that separates waterfowlers today from deer hunters, pheasant hunters, walleye fisherman, [insert whatever fishing or hunting demographic you'd like], is a superior legacy.

Many waterfowling generations back they did some pioneering stuff that actually made a difference....we still mention ourselves amongst those accomplishments because we can also call ourselves duck hunters.

Not being negative or trying to bash modern waterfowl hunters I just don't think we're more special than anyone else...we still do quite a bit of good but the political climate is very different than when big accomplishments were made.

Pretty much that.

Foiles is the Kardashian of duck hunting. Some larger % think he's an idiot, but somehow can't not follow the chit show (gawker syndrome), some smaller % care and think it's unfair his sponsors dropped him and PDiddy stepped out on him.

Foiles was marketed heavily towards water fowlers. The Banded Belding stepped in to take his place, but is a total carbon copy ripoff,,, the Marilyn Manson to Trent Reznor, Jay Leno to Johnny Carson, Fish Felon C&P to Fouler.... doesn't matter if you don't jump on the chat boards or not, you get the catalogs and shop for crap. It creates a familiarity, and opinion, of the brand. Foiles, and Belding, have created one opinion for me: dip shat.

One more thought I see in that sad picture of him holding the lone duck: "If I hadn't gotten busted, I could have had a reality show....."

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:52 am

I thought that him holding that lone duck with his "special friend" was a parody of him holding a Snickers bar in prison.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:19 pm

Hey Fish Felon, what are the 5 rules of poaching you mentioned?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:37 pm

1. Never be in transit with illegal game.
2. Never poach where you could be easily watched.
3. Never poach with guys you don't know very well.
4. Never poach in an unfamiliar area.
5. Never brag about poaching.

There are finer points to each rule but those pretty much cover most forms of poaching safely. As with all rules, there are exceptions.

It's not a rule but if you do get busted accept that you rolled the dice and lost and that it's no one's fault but yours. Don't cry like a little girl like Foiles did.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Fish felon is there a story behind your handle? Did you break one of the 5 poaching rules?

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:05 pm

I think there need to be a 6th rule, probably rule 1.B.- never poach anything you don't have a license for.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:31 pm

Fish Felon wrote:1. Never be in transit with illegal game.

There are finer points to each rule but those pretty much cover most forms of poaching safely. As with all rules, there are exceptions.

It's not a rule but if you do get busted accept that you rolled the dice and lost and that it's no one's fault but yours. Don't cry like a little girl like Foiles did.

Respectable list....it could use some tweaking but all in all pretty solid place to start.

The most important rule is never be in possession or transit of poached game, period. If you are feeling lucky maybe a quick bandito check if duck hunting.

Biggest thing I can tell you is that Warden's hunt vehicles, not people. If they see a vehicle in the middle of nowhere in hunting season, they will start glassing. Get your vehicle out of sight, or if possible in the farmers yard and start putting holes in stuff - you are golden.

About Foiles the two things that piss me off are, in order -
1. Every person I know who hunts anything has broken the law. Knowingly or not, whatever.

2. Phil Robertson was a notorious poacher but apparently since he made a cheezy TV show and some cheap duck calls it's all good. These same people who love Phil hate Foiles with a passion.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Stute Slap wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:1. Never be in transit with illegal game.

Respectable list....it could use some tweaking but all in all pretty solid place to start.

The most important rule is never be in possession or transit of poached game, period. If you are feeling lucky maybe a quick bandito check if duck hunting.

Biggest thing I can tell you is that Warden's hunt vehicles, not people. If they see a vehicle in the middle of nowhere in hunting season, they will start glassing. Get your vehicle out of sight, or if possible in the farmers yard and start putting holes in stuff - you are golden.

About Foiles the two things that piss me off are, in order -
1. Every person I know who hunts anything has broken the law. Knowingly or not, whatever.

2. Phil Robertson was a notorious poacher but apparently since he made a cheezy TV show and some cheap duck calls it's all good. These same people who love Phil hate Foiles with a passion.

I hate then both equally. By atleast Phil says stupid things every now and then that make me almost laugh. Foiles has just always been a top notch douchebag.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”