h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: It feels like Fall has arrived

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:08 pm

I know some will not be happy with this comment - but here it goes. The heck with YWD. None of the kids of my generation had it. I went hunting on the opener with the adults and had a blast (literally and figuratively). I now look at YWD as "everyone gets a gold star" mentality of the mamby pamby schools.

Look at it this way - If we had a BWTeal season, that would be 1 opener. Then we get the traditional opener, and in the central and south zones we get a 3rd opener of sorts. That sounds pretty damned good to me for hunter opportunity that you can bring the kids with too.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:54 am

YWD has run its course. We gave it an honest go and it didn't work. There's nothing wrong with giving something a shot and then quit doing it once you realize it didn't work out as well as hoped.

Part of the problem in this state and why hunters are so against any minor change is because the few changes the DNR does make become set in stone.

Guaranteed the MWA was behind how that survey was phrased because 1) they are teal season hating dipshytes and the survey was their brainchild to torpedo it from happening and 2) YWD is their baby. They're too incompetent to see that it's an aborted-dumpster-baby at this point---they're just happy they have a baby.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:17 pm

NO the MWA had nothing to do with the survey.

That last sentence is pretty damned harsh.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:22 pm

The dnr is archaic when it comes to reg's. It needs to be more fluid vs brittle, staunch and stiff.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”