Quack
Mergie Marauder

Re: Splits

Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:07 am

This is the prob with the DNR.... Now we have the splits & we're probably stuck with them.

But, FF says DNR shouldn't listen to the public and everyone agreed.

Now what?

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Splits

Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:46 am

Quack wrote:This is the prob with the DNR.... Now we have the splits & we're probably stuck with them.

But, FF says DNR shouldn't listen to the public and everyone agreed.

Now what?

People complained for years about wanting splits and that poll attached said it had 60% support. The splits are here to stay for at least another decade imo. There would have to be one heck of alot of complaints to get the dnr to change them. This week has been awful hunting conditions anyway so it actually seems like a pretty good time for the split imo.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:12 am

Looking on the bright side. It is always nice to have fresh birds on the opener after a split.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:42 am

Waterfowlist wrote:Looking on the bright side. It is always nice to have fresh birds on the opener after a split.

For sure and that makes for good hunting.

jriegel
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:55 am

Yea I think it's funny we have a couple cold years and we over react the other way. I think the split could be adjusted to be like Wisconsins. Seems like thier dnr managers are smarter than ours in many ways.
Last edited by jriegel on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:35 pm

jriegel wrote:Yea I think it's funny we have a couple cold years and we over react the other way. I think the split could be adjusted to like Wisconsin. Seems like thier dnr manager are smarter than ours in many ways

Being smarter then our dnr isnt very hard.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Flexibility and fluidity should be a constant with any management agency. Unfortunately that's completely foreign to our DNR. They are rigid and giganticaly slow moving.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:53 pm

The challenge is this portion of the framework is flexible but there is only opinion to respond to. Maybe they include some questions in the survey, but these will likely be insufficient to provide guidance.

The fact we got splits in the first place can be listed as a moment of progression and liberalization at the DNR. This period has been marked by 3 wood ducks, 2 hen mallards, full limits of divers, open water hunting, and a one week earlier start of the season

Previously it was the 20 years it took to go from noon to half hour before sunrise.

I think positive mention of these accomplishments with a desire for augmented splits might go a long way in getting things adjusted, rather than a "I know we wanted to get here, but now that we've arrived, this sucks"

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Being it's going to be around 80 this weekend down here the split doesn't bother me so much this year, the past 2 years it sucked, like you said , it just needs to be tweaked alittle, 5 days off is a great plenty......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:44 pm

9manfan wrote:Being it's going to be around 80 this weekend down here the split doesn't bother me so much this year, the past 2 years it sucked, like you said , it just needs to be tweaked alittle, 5 days off is a great plenty......

I had no problems with the first split. Three days on then five off. Locals didn't get piss pounded for over a week, more of a chance at better bwt numbers and less chance for a good front to blow early migrants through.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”