h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Scientists confirm second, more intense form of Lyme disease

Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:58 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:Christmas 2014 we lost our 5 1/2 year old lab to lyme's or one of the other forms of tick born diseases . He got it up by Meadowlands. Never seen or had a deer tick in the area till the fall of 2014. He got it in early October and had to put him down the week before Christmas.

Tough on the whole family to do Christmas that year without him.

Sad to see such a great dog, with a great personality lost so young.

I truly hope no one ever has to go through what we went through right before Christmas or anytime of year.

I feel for you, as I've been there myself 10+ years ago. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:23 am

I spend a decent amount of time outdoors but ticks must not like JD, last deer tick bite I had was 4.5 years ago

lumbertick
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:02 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:I spend a decent amount of time outdoors but ticks must not like JD, last deer tick bite I had was 4.5 years ago

Interesting...I have the same good fortune. Also rarely get bothered by mosquito's or other insects. This all could be a reflection of my grooming habits :shock:

This past year I switched to an oral tick med for the pups. I like it a lot. Didn't have a single stuck on tick this year, plus you don't have to worry about the kids petting the "wet spot" on the dog and ingesting the tick medicine. Bravecto and Nexgard are what they are on. I can't remember which dog gets which (that's the vets job). One is good for three months the other is given monthly. I would have them both on the three month one, but because Thor is under 50 lbs I had to go with monthly dosage for him.

lt

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:26 am

Never seen a deer tick before. Just your standard nasty ticks. Might be that they don't like me thought. Me and a buddy will go walk through an area and he will have 20 crawling on him and I'll find one crawling on a pant leg.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”