Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Re: Silent CRIPPLEFEST?

Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Why do we need more hobos in the fields and sloughs?
Dominate The Skies.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Silent CRIPPLEFEST?

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:Why do we need more hobos in the fields and sloughs?

Because if more poor folk were out there then less birds would get skybusted at and everyone would have a better hunt. Ammo is expensive.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Silent CRIPPLEFEST?

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:01 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:[quote="h2ofwlr"]"it felt cold as hell with thin cotton pants, a t shit and a Hoodie"

Why would anyone in their right mind wear cotton these days when we have all the synthetics out there that do not hold moisture? And it's your fault not to wear or bring with proper clothing to stay warm. And you keep bringing up hoodies.... that about says it all.... You remind me of the Millennials, wearing not practical clothing, but wearing it anyway because it looks 'cool'. Do you have barrel stickers and decals on the trailer too? LMAO
[quote="gimpfinger"]Go **** yourself you ******. [/quote][quote="StuStiltman"]I think the old man was trolling, got a pretty good strike.[/quote]

Stu I think you were right on both accounts! :mrgreen: :lol:

My point was since when is 53 for a low too cold to take kids out hunting? I am dead serious, as it is simply astounding for a reason not to take them out, OMG, are the kids really that coddled now days? :o

[quote="gimpfinger"]And to answer why I don't have fancy hunting clothing. It's to **** expensive. Also 50 's is sweatshirt weather and this hoodie was 15 bucks in the camo that is right for where I was hunting. No trailer, don't even own a pickup. My barrel a old beat up 870 express that is covered in chipped spay paint. [/quote]
Well FYI, I don't have Under Armour or similar pricey stuff. I wear my tan polyester blend work paints that cost $21. The long underwear is polyester and/or acrylic blends, nothing over $30. Sweat shirts are acrylic blend from Walmart, $10-12 each. Guys that know me know that I am very thrifty to make the $ stretch. I don't have a gun newer than 10 YO, I too have had guns with spray painted barrels, and I drive a 16 YO truck. So I do get it and would not ever knock a guy for not having UA or other high end stuff or not having a fancy gun or truck. Anyway, it just seems you just forgot to bring a sweatshirt with for under the hoodie and maybe a green or tan blanket with to cover your legs to help stay warmer.

Gimp, good luck hunting the rest of this fall - I sincerely mean that as we need more guys like yourself out in the fields and sloughs VS the Fancy Nancy's and Barney's. 8-) I would have thought that by now you'd of known that those are the guys that I poke fun of, not hunters like yourself.[/quote]
I seen 53 degrees at home and considered not even having a sweatshirt on because I had a 2/3 mile walk in carrying gear because the field road was soft. Didn't want to sweat. Only reason it was so cold feeling over here is because everything was dripping with dew. Like I said my heavy set friend was cold and he had one more layer on than me.

I can take cold, I'll coyote hunt all night in the snow without any problems. Most times without gloves on if it's above 20. But last Saturday was cold out there.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:40 pm

OK, that settles it, it was cold in SW Mn for some people last Sat morning. :D
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:58 am

And warm for some people sitting at their house, not hunting.

Hi moisture environments increase the rate of body heat loss. A high moisture environment can feel much colder than a low moisture environment with a lower real temperature.

"Cold" is not required for hypothermia or other exposure injuries such as trenchfoot. Often a combination of controlled and uncontrolled factors lead to these injuries. Low body sugar/calorie count, "immersion" (in Gimp's case, wet pants, damp shirt, etc.) often in the form of non-exhausted perspiration or environmental moisture like rain or high dew point, and exertion followed by rest lead to lowering core temperatures.

When you are wet perspiration does not evaporate and it consumes heat.

A deer hunter knows well: don't sweat on the way to the stand. It's 23 degrees, but you can sweat a little bit, and your still in your big fluffy MegaLoft, but you're sitting on a deer stand with your teeth chattering.

Want to know about "moist" cold? Ask guys that hunt tidal flats how f'ing cold it can be even when the the temp is above freezing but there is a 20 mph wind. Similarly, ask guys that ice fish at what point they start stripping down to t-shirts while sitting on the ice.... nice sunny day, 20F, no wind and a 15-20% humidity level makes for great radiant heat.

A group looking at the temp Sat morning see's 53 degrees and the dad is likely talking the kids out of wearing shorts. But they still dress lightly. A romp through the MWA grass or a boat ride and 30 minutes into it the kids' teeth are chattering. I can tell you the #1 thing guys like Al will tell you is that to get a kid into hunting/fishing you have to make it fun.... a kid freezing his/her ass off isn't fun for either of them, even if the kid is liking it the Dad, if he's got some half-sense of modern parenting pounded into him, is not sitting there while the kid freezes.

Just a perspective from someone that has kids, and hunts, and sees some things in physics/chemistry that might apply.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:38 am

What I was getting at.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Lanyard, yadda, yadda, yadda. Ya think?
In both cases - it is simply operator error. Dress and/or bring clothes with to be able to stay warm, be it yourself or for kids. Like I had said, if he had brought an extra sweat shirt and a blanket for his legs he would have been fine in the field. As for taking kids, grab a dry bag with extra clothes for the kids as OBVIOUSLY if they (or us) are running around VS sitting still it's entirely different on the amount of clothes to keep warm. It's common sense really, it called layering. You can take off layers to not over heat(sweat) or add layers after being active. It's a "duh" for most people (except for some in SW MN that ended up having their nut sack shriveled up last Sat morning). :lol:

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:21 pm

Fouler.

Shut the f**k up!!

Goddamn.
Dominate The Skies.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:57 pm

So fouler how many times have you been punched in your cocksucker...I'm guessing it's happened more than a few times?

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:36 pm

This reminds me of winter ice fishing, as I have 2 bites at the same time, which one should I land 1st? :lol:

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”