h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Water, water, water every where.... and some places dry as a desert...

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:36 am

Really?

25MM = 1' That means less than 3" in 4 months in some areas of SK.

And do you understand the hydrology of how the dry land is like a big circle sponge sucking the water out of the potholes in drought conditions? And thus why the smaller the wetland, the faster that it'll dry up in droughts? I guess those hydrology and soils engineering classes and field work don't mean I know a damned thing in your eyes. So be it as every forum needs a court jester. If we go the Renaissance Festival, I bet we'll see you there playing your role!
Attachments
Sk2.jpg
SK.jpg
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:45 am

FDKSAS.
Dominate The Skies.

hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:54 am

h2ofwlr wrote:Really?

I guess those hydrology and soils engineering classes and field work don't mean I know a damned thing in your eyes. So be it as every forum needs a court jester. !

I don't know about his eyes but I do know what my eyes saw saw last week. Not one dried up pothole from Jasper to Winnipeg. Water levels may have been lower but there was one spot where the ditch was full to within a foot or two of the road. Ducks were thick. That was with my own eyes, not from some internet jockey. Maybe you can go as the town crier at the festival. Or chicken little.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:14 pm

hobbydog wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:Really?

I guess those hydrology and soils engineering classes and field work don't mean I know a damned thing in your eyes. So be it as every forum needs a court jester. !

I don't know about his eyes but I do know what my eyes saw saw last week. Not one dried up pothole from Jasper to Winnipeg. Water levels may have been lower but there was one spot where the ditch was full to within a foot or two of the road. Ducks were thick. That was with my own eyes, not from some internet jockey. Maybe you can go as the town crier at the festival. Or chicken little.

and boom goes the dynamite.

Thanks hobbydog!
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Right. Exactly. You can't go by a random map from the internet. You have to see it first hand. Summer storms, conditions prior to the dry period, temps, etc all play a roll. I know Canada was incredibly wet last fall and winter so a dry period will certainly have less of an impact. Al has yet to learn this lesson, don't believe everything you have read on the internet.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:33 pm

I find it truly disheartening ya'll don't think fouler has the facts straight.

No respect for your elders...and the only guy here who's done it all...including hunting during the market hunting era. The guy must be 145y/o by now!
Dominate The Skies.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:53 pm

The point where hobbydog is busting your balls would be the time to consider alternative paths in the hypothesis :-)

hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:12 pm

Hansen wrote:Right. Exactly. You can't go by a random map from the internet. You have to see it first hand. Summer storms, conditions prior to the dry period, temps, etc all play a roll. I know Canada was incredibly wet last fall and winter so a dry period will certainly have less of an impact. Al has yet to learn this lesson, don't believe everything you have read on the internet.

I have never been through this area and do not know much about it but in researching the old homestead, google maps showed lot lower levels on Quill Lake and when we were there it looked so much different than what was on the map we weren't sure if we were in the right spot. I am guessing that a lot like the Dakotas it has been in a very wet cycle. I also saw a lot of potholes where the trees were dead from being flooded out. The picture below is Quill Lake. It is still quite high when you look at historical levels. I think the picture tells the story. Also, all the crops along the slice we took looked to be in excellent condition.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:11 pm

I will stand by what I said.

E central SK, which is not even in the worst drought area which is SW of there. It looks to be down about 3' from a year ago of you look at the lower right portion of the photo.
Attachments
ECSK.jpg
ECSK.jpg (52.81 KiB) Viewed 3795 times
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:52 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:I will stand by what I said.

E central SK, which is not even in the worst drought area which is SW of there. It looks to be down about 3' from a year ago of you look at the lower right portion of the photo.

That looks more like a picture of Trump getting stuck trying to drain the swamp.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”